Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: My ipod wont turn on, overnight - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t967549-my-ipod-wont-turn-on-overnight/

Author:   saritah_09876
Date:   Aug 08, 07 at 10:52pm (PST)
Subject:   My ipod wont turn on, overnight
-------------------------------------------
Hey. I was having some problems with my ipod. First of all, everytime i charge my ipod, i make sure that i fully charge it. I usually listen to my ipod before i go to sleep. to turn it off, i obviously press the play/pause button till the screen goes black. Then i switch the hold button to make sure that it's on hold. Then, in the morning, it wont turn on!!!! when i plug it to my computer, or charge it with my wall charger [[ to plug it to an outlet ]], it says that the battery is dead!!! i dont understand because i got my ipod around 7 1/2 months!! and also, people say the battery should live for 1-2 years!!!, im not sure if maybe the problem is because it has fallen out of my hands a few times. i also have restarted it many times, and i keep having the same problem! anyone know what to do?? anyone have any suggestions??? another thing i also noticed is that last night, i fully charged my ipod.. then after one song, the battery died on me!!!!!! please HELLPPP! LOL

Author:   samuraisushimonster
Date:   Aug 09, 07 at 1:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: My ipod wont turn on, overnight
your ipod battery might be a lemon ive herd things aboutsome ipod batterys dying i under a year a good battery should last from 3 to 5 years if you take care of it

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Aug 09, 07 at 9:33pm (PST)
Try charging it in another USB port or power outlet. If you are playing video or the iPod gets really hot, it will drain the battery power quicker. If your iPod isn't getting hot and if you aren't playing video on it, then it's probably a bad battery. You can have your iPod serviced since it's under a year old, but you might have to pay a fee since it's over six months old.

Author:   0172
Date:   Aug 10, 07 at 8:20pm (PST)
Same thing happened with my moms. The battery just could not retain any power at all. I suggest getting the battery replaced.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.