Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: NOOOOOOO! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t901987-nooooooo/

Author:   Jimbo999
Date:   May 27, 07 at 2:43pm (PST)
Subject:   NOOOOOOO!
-------------------------------------------
Hello,

I was looking through my iTunes music and i found out that per album there was only one song and my iTunes is so messed up everything is all wrong such as. Take Take i click on the Art work and it dissplays 1 song i flick through my iTunes libary and there is 11 other Take that artwork with 1 song for each one and it is like this for every song/album i have, i have 529 songs includeing Music Videos. I ahve tryed grouping and put them back togeather but they one move, can anybody help?

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   May 27, 07 at 3:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: NOOOOOOO!
Go to the View menu and make sure that it says show duplicates. If it doesn't, click on view all.

Make sure that the songs are listed by "Album by Artist." If it isn't it could show one song per album.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 3:34pm (PST)
quote Master of the VG
Go to the View menu and make sure that it says show duplicates. If it doesn't, click on view all.

Make sure that the songs are listed by "Album by Artist." If it isn't it could show one song per album.
Ok, Found the View menu, i clicked on show duplicates, now what i am not sure how to get it sorted to Album by Artist.

This message was edited by Jimbo999 on May 27 2007.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 3:55pm (PST)
Actually, I said to make sure it says show duplicates, not click on it. Click on view all.

For sorting by "Album by Artist" go into the pane that has all of the tracks listed. Click on the tab that says "Album by Artist." If it's in some other setting it could be all screwy.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 4:13pm (PST)
quote Master of the VG
Actually, I said to make sure it says show duplicates, not click on it. Click on view all.

For sorting by "Album by Artist" go into the pane that has all of the tracks listed. Click on the tab that says "Album by Artist." If it's in some other setting it could be all screwy.
Could you please snap shot me a picture showing where that is?

Date:   May 27, 07 at 4:23pm (PST)
It's the highlighted one.

I noticed that this seems to only appear in the Music library and not in the playlists.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 5:19pm (PST)
I don't have that.

I have Name/Time/Artist/Album/Genre/My Rating/Play Count/Last Played.

I right clicked on the thing and it gave me a list of what i can put in the row but it didn't have Artist by Album.

Here is a snap shot:

Author:   Entropy
Date:   May 27, 07 at 5:27pm (PST)
I'm pretty sure you should tick the box next to 'Album Artist' (2nd option from the top) to see the Album by Artist column.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 5:37pm (PST)
quote Hitman3
I'm pretty sure you should tick the box next to 'Album Artist' (2nd option from the top) to see the Album by Artist column.
When i do tick it a colon appears but it just says Album Artist.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 5:55pm (PST)
Try sorting just by album. If the tracks are still popping up with one per album, try right clicking on them and then click on get info. Try to see what is different between the tracks.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 6:13pm (PST)
Still nothing, it wasn't like this yesterday but today everything just messed up! Nothing is working when i change all the stuff it just changes back to normal, i screwed theres nothing i can do to solve this. Everything is messed up, unless you have MSN... The you could do remote assitance...?

Date:   May 27, 07 at 6:42pm (PST)
I did a quick search on the apple support site and there's an article there that might help. I don't use IMs anymore so I can't help you there.

Date:   May 27, 07 at 7:01pm (PST)
Nothing worked in the article.

Date:   May 28, 07 at 11:55am (PST)
What if i un-install iTunes and then re-install iTunes, Would that work? But would i lose all me songs if i do?

Date:   May 30, 07 at 1:27am (PST)
As long as you don't delete your iTunes folder under My Music (or whatever folder you store your music under) your tracks should still remain. You'll just have to tell iTunes to find them. However, if the problem is with the song IDs, then reinstalling iTunes will not fix the problem.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.