Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: All mp3's playable? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t843656-all-mp3s-playable/

Author:   SatouSei
Date:   Feb 24, 07 at 12:30pm (PST)
Subject:   All mp3's playable?
-------------------------------------------
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying my first ipod, a 30 gb ipod video, but there's something I'd like to know first.
I heard someone say that you can't play regular mp3 files on your ipod unless you got them through itunes, is this true? Is there some sort of security you need to bypass?
I'm not even considering paying for music or video files for my ipod, so I want to be able to play my own mp3's.

Author:   Jimbo999
Date:   Feb 24, 07 at 12:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: All mp3's playable?
quote SatouSei
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying my first ipod, a 30 gb ipod video, but there's something I'd like to know first.
I heard someone say that you can't play regular mp3 files on your ipod unless you got them through itunes, is this true? Is there some sort of security you need to bypass?
I'm not even considering paying for music or video files for my ipod, so I want to be able to play my own mp3's.

This is very true, but you don't pay for them if you've already got them that is silly, you download the music onto your computer and then go to iTunes and when you start it up for the first time it will convert all your music onto the iTunes programe and when you connect your iPod you can then drag all your music onto your iPod and your done, it uses ACC i think, but i converts the music for you so don't worry.

Date:   Feb 24, 07 at 12:38pm (PST)
So if I understand correctly, I can simply use the itunes program as a concertion program as well?
By the way, is itunes itself free?

Date:   Feb 24, 07 at 12:39pm (PST)
Lol, I mean conversion program.

Date:   Feb 24, 07 at 12:48pm (PST)
quote SatouSei
So if I understand correctly, I can simply use the itunes program as a concertion program as well?
By the way, is itunes itself free?
Yes, iTunes is a free programme you can download it Here.
Download the programe and it will create a fold called iTunes in your music folder and that will have your converted music in it, but it will take a while to convert your music depending on how much music you've got.

Date:   Feb 24, 07 at 12:55pm (PST)
Thanks for the info!

Date:   Feb 24, 07 at 2:45pm (PST)
Thats ok, i am always happy to help.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.