Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Trouble dowloading an album - "Sad face" icon on Ipod - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t840917-trouble-dowloading-an-album-sad-face-icon-on-ipod/

Author:   ABrod
Date:   Feb 19, 07 at 4:13pm (PST)
Subject:   Trouble dowloading an album - "Sad face" icon on Ipod
-------------------------------------------
First off, I have checked up on the sad face image, and I was told the hard drive is broken, and that I will have to send it in. I will probably spend the cash on a new ipod after about 2 more paychecks so I can get a Video model.

Secondly, I'd like to still listen to itunes on my PC. I am downloading an album right now, and it has been stuck on about 2/3rds of track 4/15 for about 25 minutes now. Should I just let my computer stay on while I go to class and work, and see if it has progressed tonight? I am sure if I cancel, I will loose the last 12 tracks and have paid 9.99+ tax for 3 songs.

Any advice on what to do about the download or the sad face icon would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

Author:   Jimbo999
Date:   Feb 19, 07 at 4:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Trouble dowloading an album - "Sad face" icon on Ipod
just leave it while you go to class work, nothing should happen your laptop / computer will probs stanby or nibernate depending how long to take.

Date:   Feb 20, 07 at 5:12am (PST)
Alright, it's been over 12 hours and it is in the same spot on track 4/15. Is there a chance if I reboot that it will realize the other 11 haven't downloaded? I don't mind missing track 4, I can buy it separate later I suppose. Anyone try this before?

Date:   Feb 20, 07 at 1:21pm (PST)
I was man enough to man up and cancel it and restart, and it worked out. If anyone has any other options on the sad face icon problem, I'd still like to hear them.

Thanks.

Author:   Jimbo999
Date:   Feb 20, 07 at 5:39pm (PST)
quote ABrod
I was man enough to man up and cancel it and restart, and it worked out. If anyone has any other options on the sad face icon problem, I'd still like to hear them.

Thanks.
What is this sad face icon anyway?
I've never herd of it before...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.