Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPod Micro - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t822876-ipod-micro/

Author:   iPod freak
Date:   Jan 19, 07 at 6:54am (PST)
Subject:   iPod Micro
-------------------------------------------
There was the ipod mini and now, the ipod nano. What would Apple introduce next? An ipod Micro? It'll probably be so tiny that it has a single button and a 4 by 3 pixel screen, and you probably won't be able to see anything on the 'display'.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Jan 19, 07 at 4:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: iPod Micro
Well the new iPod shuffle (2nd Gen) could almost be considered and iPod Micro. No screen though.

Author:   AtoChansu
Date:   Jan 20, 07 at 9:31pm (PST)
Nano in terms of measurements is smaller than Micro. So if they decide to make a new one, I doubt it'd be named iPod Micro.

Author:   LinkMaster03
Date:   Jan 20, 07 at 10:54pm (PST)
iPod Pico.

Date:   Jan 23, 07 at 11:54pm (PST)
Pico has been used a lot already so there might be a trademark on it somewhere (not that that's every stopped apple before). Perhaps the iPod femto?

It would be nice to have a shuffleish iPod that had a screen on it. I would like to be able to see what track I'm selecting.

Author:   axforts2212
Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 12:12am (PST)
Viva the original Pico(old game system for tots

I used to have that when I was like 6 lmao.

Actually, its probably still in my basement, and 10 dollars says it works if I ever found it. Those old games with shit graphics were built to last Like N64 hehe

Author:   VulcanRaven
Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 12:54am (PST)
quote Master of the VG
It would be nice to have a shuffleish iPod that had a screen on it. I would like to be able to see what track I'm selecting.
That would be rather pointless, seeing as you could just put your Nano or Video on shuffle and it would be essentially the same thing.
I never really understood why anyone would feel compelled to purchase the iPod Shuffle. First of all, what if you forget the name of the song you're listening to and have no way of finding it out again until you gain access to iTunes? Plus, what the hell is the point of a whole new iPod made solely for shuffling music?! I may be mistaken, but isn't that what the suffle feature on every other iPod is for?

I'm perfectly happy with the shuffle feature on my iPod Video, although I guess the good thing about the Shuffle is that it's the cheapest iPod currently on the market.

As for going smaller than the Shuffle, I highly doubt that will happen. Judging from recent trends, it's bigger that's better. My guess is that the next gen Videos reach 120 gigz. Although I don't know who the hell would have the time to listen to all the music and watch all the videos you could possibly fit on there.

Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 1:06am (PST)
Yeah but the iPod nano and iPod Video both cost more money than a iPod Shuffle not to mention they are both larger. Also many people were surprised by the great audio quality the first generation Shuffle. I was thinking of something along the lines of this one.

The shuffle doesn't just shuffle songs although there is that feature. It also plays playlists.

Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 1:14am (PST)
That's actually a pretty nifty MP3 player in that link. I could see Apple incorporating a screen like that into future Shuffles.

Size and price are definitely the two main reasons someone would buy a iPod Shuffle over a different variation of iPod, I guess Apple needed an iPod geared toward the more economical consumer. Plus, they're better for taking out on a jog, or using while exercising than a Video or a Nano.
But still, the lack of a screen would irritate me to no extent.

Author:   axforts2212
Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 1:14am (PST)
That SanDisk is indeed what the shuffle SHOULD have been.

Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 1:24am (PST)
Now Apple is going to have to come up with something even better than that.
I'm anxious to see where they'll go with the iPod Shuffles.

Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 1:29am (PST)
Right now they're selling the really small shuffle so I don't see how they'd be able to incorporate a decent sized screen on it.

Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 2:05am (PST)
The only way I can think of is if they go back to a slightly larger model.
They're going to have to make some sacrifices if they want to use a screen for the next generations of Shuffles, it's just a matter of what to sacrifice.

Author:   Hero of Wind
Date:   Jan 24, 07 at 11:39pm (PST)
quote Master of the VG
Pico has been used a lot already so there might be a trademark on it somewhere (not that that's every stopped apple before). Perhaps the iPod femto?

i actually think i say an 4G ipod shuffle with a very small screen on it on a best buy magazine, the screen only shows you the song though

Author:   bad ass
Date:   Jan 25, 07 at 12:04am (PST)
quote Master of the VG
Right now they're selling the really small shuffle so I don't see how they'd be able to incorporate a decent sized screen on it.
Actually if they just make it a little thicker and use OLED I think it could be possible, I think it would be possible to have the screen on one side and the buttons on the other side, although it would go against iPod's usual thumb controlled interface. I think it could work, or have a screen taking up most of the area on one side (think iRiver Clix) and just have that a touchscreen.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.