Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPod Not Working. Please HELP!!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t794948-ipod-not-working-please-help/

Author:   Sabour
Date:   Dec 04, 06 at 3:42pm (PST)
Subject:   iPod Not Working. Please HELP!!!
-------------------------------------------
Hey, I plugged my 30GB video iPod to a friends PC(XP) and copied some songs. It showed the files being copied but they wouldn't show on the iPod. After trying a few times the "do not disconnect" message wouldnt go away. It even showed after disconnecting. After the battery wore down and recharged it, the iPod boots up and i can see the song list although i can't play any of it. It keeps skipping the songs one by one. The PC won't recognize the iPod either. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Author:   dinahmo55
Date:   Dec 05, 06 at 9:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPod Not Working. Please HELP!!!
hi sabour,
something similar happened to my 30g ipod... my computer wouldnt recognise the ipod and the ipod just cycled through all the songs without playing anything. turns out after the last ipod update my computer crashed and had to be rebooted - but somehow the usb ports never got reinstalled. so the computer never picked up the ipod after that, not even to charge it.
is it just on your friends computer that you get this problem? have they got itunes on it and are the ports working?
you could try the support section of the apple website if youre still stuck, its pretty helpful, it takes you through steps to fix or restore your ipod.
hope you get it sorted, it sucks having a broken ipod!

Date:   Dec 05, 06 at 5:21pm (PST)
No man, I tried connecting it to my pc also. It just wont work. Something wrong with the iPod not the PC. . .

Author:   dinahmo55
Date:   Dec 06, 06 at 9:31am (PST)
oh dear....... get to the support section of the apple site and go through the '5 Rs' to try and fix the ipod - if that doesnt work i'd give them a ring or email them and get them to service it - depending on how long youve had it it may be free of charge or they may send you a replacement. Dont panic if you have to send it back tho, i returned it and got it back within a week (it went england to holland).
hope you get it sorted xxx

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Dec 08, 06 at 7:06pm (PST)
Did you copy the songs through iTunes? If not you won't be able to play them on the iPod.

Date:   Dec 14, 06 at 7:08pm (PST)
the ipod got detected in another PC guys. . . then all i had to do was restore it. . . it worked fine afterwards. . . thanks a lot for all ur help ppl!!. . .

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.