Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPod only turns on with Menu or Center button... - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t783519-ipod-only-turns-on-with-menu-center-button/

Author:   Jonnie
Date:   Nov 15, 06 at 4:42pm (PST)
Subject:   iPod only turns on with Menu or Center button...
-------------------------------------------
I have a 30GB gen5 iPod Video. The manual and most other websites say that pressing any button on the clickwheel will turn it on.

When my iPod has been off for an extended length of time (usually more than an hour or so), the only buttons that will turn it on are the menu button and the center button. After it is turned on and then turned back off, ANY of the clickwheel buttons will turn it on... until it is left off for an extended period of time. Then, only the menu button and center button will turn it on.

Is this normal?

Author:   Jaymess 24
Date:   Nov 15, 06 at 8:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: iPod only turns on with Menu or Center button...
Dont know 2 b honest. I always put mine on hold when off. As soon as hold if flicked off even overnight it springs back on.

Author:   T_Sik
Date:   Nov 15, 06 at 9:32pm (PST)
yes this is normal its basically the ipods way of sleeping to conserve battery life. u have to either hold the center button or reset it by pressing the center and menu button.

Author:   axforts2212
Date:   Nov 16, 06 at 1:34am (PST)
I just tap the center button.

Author:   ILT2M
Date:   Nov 16, 06 at 1:40am (PST)
I wouldn't worry about it shouldn't be anything serious. If the website says its not normal maybe its not, if you ever want to take it in with warranty just for maybe a new battery you could use that excuse.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.