Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Upgrade from nano to vid? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t768511-upgrade-from-nano-to-vid/

Author:   IanKee
Date:   Oct 19, 06 at 7:50am (PST)
Subject:   Upgrade from nano to vid?
-------------------------------------------
Hi, just wana ask if i shud get an Ipod video(30gb, latest version). Right now I've got a nano a few months ago (about 3) and now I have more interest on a video. Shud i get the new ipod vid? If so, what shud i do about my nano?

Thx in adv.
ian

Author:   el croz
Date:   Oct 19, 06 at 2:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Upgrade from nano to vid?
Seeing as you have only had your iPod nano for 3 months, I would take it back to the store you bought it in and say there is a problem with it and ask if you could pay the extra money and get the 30GB model instead of a refund or straight swap.
Everyone wins, you're laughing, the store gets more money, a win win situation, trust me.
I would drain the battery so it appears not to work and say that it does not stay charged or does not connect to the computer anymore etc...
I have done this a few times with minidisc players and two iPods over the years. It works every time. Enjoy your iPod video

Author:   Stuy
Date:   Oct 19, 06 at 3:06pm (PST)
hmmmm you should keep it or if not sell it on ebay or another place. that ways you can use that money for the the video ipod.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Oct 27, 06 at 9:18pm (PST)
I would hold off a bit and hope that Apple comes out with a true iPod video (with a bigger and wide screen). Of course if you really want the video features really bad you can either install Linux on your iPod and put video player on it or you can try to sell or trade your nano for a video iPod.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.