Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Two Ipods, one Computer, one Big Problem - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t753649-two-ipods-one-computer-one-big-problem/

Author:   Pipokinha
Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 6:52pm (PST)
Subject:   Two Ipods, one Computer, one Big Problem
-------------------------------------------
I have a serious problem with my iPod. Well me and my sister both have an iPod nano, and we use the same computer. After she disconnected her iPod from the PC I connected mine, and somehow when iTunes connected it acted like it was her iPod connected. I disconnected my iPod from the PC and noticed that my iPod got my sisters settings, my sister songs, but I can't play her song because her songs are not on my iPod...

Summing up. My iPod got my sister settings and my sister tracklist.

Is there any way for me to get my original iPod settings?
Help me please, it took me a long time to organize my ipod, I don't want to go trough that again

Author:   Invader
Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 7:10pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Two Ipods, one Computer, one Big Problem
This happened to me a while ago. Even though your music files are safe because they're on your computer, I'm not sure if there's a way to retrieve your old organization of iTunes.

To prevent this from happening again (after your iPod is back to normal) it might be a good idea to set up a separate account on your computer for you and a separate account for your sister. That way you can install iTunes on both accounts and just go on your account if you want to access your iTunes.

This message was edited by Invader on Sep 16 2006.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 7:23pm (PST)
The newest version of iTunes has support for multiple libraries. I don't know how it works yet since I haven't found any instructions for it yet.

Author:   Pipokinha
Date:   Sep 17, 06 at 12:15am (PST)
We have separate accounts. To solve this problem I passed the musics from the iPod to the PC mannualy trough the hard drive function. Then I made a reset on the ipod, and now I'm putting back the mp3's trough iTunes. But thanks for the help though

Author:   ines
Date:   Sep 20, 06 at 4:47pm (PST)
when you have multiple ipods and your mp3 music collections are all in one pc, make sure that your preference setting is set to manual. This way your ipod will not update automatically, thus you will have the option of transferring mp3s of your choice just to your ipod.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.