Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPOD AC Charger ~8 Wal-Mart - Ok to use? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t750825-ipod-ac-charger-8-wal-mart-ok-to-use/

Author:   iCarianThoughT
Date:   Sep 10, 06 at 2:40am (PST)
Subject:   iPOD AC Charger ~8 Wal-Mart - Ok to use?
-------------------------------------------
I guess a brand name/model number would help, anyway I ran accross an ~$8 AC outlet (wall outlet) iPOD charger, said it covevered a host of models (I'm only concerend about the iShuffle), I remember seeing a Belkin AC charger for $30, can you go wrong with 3rd party products, I imagine there may be some issues with certain brands, but what do you guys think?

I am mainly interested as I'm going on a trip to the UK later in the year so I'm giong to be needing to pick up a UK standard to US standard AC switch also, could there be a conflict between to the two you think?

Does 8 bucks sound right for an AC charger, I imagine they refute all liability should it toast your iPOD somewhere in the fine print inside the box?

~Thanks.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Sep 11, 06 at 2:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPOD AC Charger ~8 Wal-Mart - Ok to use?
8 bucks sounds a bit on the cheap side so you may want to check it's compatibility. You should also check to see what the box says it's output voltage is.

Author:   iCarianThoughT
Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 11:25pm (PST)
Alright, I picked one up, at a diff Wal* looks about the same but the price was $16, can't remember if it is the same make but I'd say it was probably the same, not sure why its 2x as much, whatever.

musicPower by PowerLine: Universal AC Charger for All iPODS & MP3 Players.

*there's no instruction manual inside, only whats on the packaging.

Powers & Charges These iPODS: Original, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen, mini, shuffle, nano, photo, color, video

Charges USB & Firewire same time.

No computer required.

Pocket size.

Folding AC Plug

Worldwide Input Voltage [NOTE: Indeed back label of device "Input: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz]

Back of device specs read:

Class 2 Power Supply
Model: 0900-64
Input: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz
Input Power: 15W
Vout 1:5V
_______
- - - 500ma

Vout 2:12V
_______
- - - 500ma

Alright, so does this look clear to use? The inside packaging that's obscured by the device itself reads: "In no event shall original Power, Inc. be liable for incidental or consequential damages." (IOW If our device blows up your iPOD tough cookies).

What do you guys think, it's not Belkin or Apple but its 1/2 the price and looks alright, ever seen any reviews on them?

~Thanks.

Author:   bonson
Date:   Nov 22, 06 at 4:08pm (PST)
Hi...
So how was this device??
I have the ne wiPod Shuffle...
I am planning to buy the same AC Charger...
Your inputs would be valuable for me.....

regards,
Bonson

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.