Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Question about downloaded mp3 music & co. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t746244-question-about-downloaded-mp3-music-co/

Author:   May15
Date:   Aug 31, 06 at 8:42pm (PST)
Subject:   Question about downloaded mp3 music & co.
-------------------------------------------
Okay. I am only a few days from getting an 60gb video iPod. The only question that is bugging me is the following: Will I be able to play songs that I found on AltaVista, Google and perhaps LimeWire?

It says I should download all songs from iTunes, but none of my mp3s is from iTunes. Please help.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Sep 01, 06 at 12:18am (PST)
Subject:   re: Question about downloaded mp3 music & co.
ACC format and MP3 format music files should work just fine with your iPod. It's preferred that you get them on iTunes (so Apple can make more money).

Author:   Eshim
Date:   Sep 05, 06 at 10:43am (PST)
yeh lol. i m currently using a 30 GB video n all of ma songs were downloaded frm limewire. i havent downloaded a single song frm iTunes. Songs downloaded frm limewire can be transferred easily to ur iPod so dun worrie abt tht at all.
Cheers!

Author:   ILT2M
Date:   Sep 05, 06 at 12:35pm (PST)
Same. I downloaded all my songs from Limewire (which by the way is now illegal) and if its not the right file format it converts it automatically when you import the song into the Itunes Library. Also soon the site Spiral Frog will be up and running. It is a site where you will be able to get free music. LEGALLY!!!! How it works is you watch an ad on Coka Cola or something and then you get a free song. Somewhere it works out that the artists still get payed and you get a free song. I'm not sure how well it will work, maybe they will release a program for it.. maybe the ads are really 30 minute long infomercials i dunno... but sounds pretty cool too me, especially if they have a good song library because Limewire doesn't have much in the way of full albums for less popular bands.

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Sep 05, 06 at 3:06pm (PST)
iTunes will change the format if need be as said, but files which have DRM will not be transfered, but since your using stuff like limewire, you need not worry .

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.