Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPod Problem! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t733538-ipod-problem/

Author:   Bri
Date:   Aug 09, 06 at 2:11pm (PST)
Subject:   iPod Problem!
-------------------------------------------

I never thought I would be posting because of a problem, my iPod Nano 2G is less than 6 months old, and lately I've been hearing this strange humming noise coming from the machine. I've been using a tape car adapter lately so is that to blame? It just doesn't sound right to me. Should I be worried enough to get a replacement, will it affect performance? I'd appreciate any help.

bri

Author:   sen JMN
Date:   Aug 10, 06 at 12:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPod Problem!
When an iPod breaks you usually hear strange clicking/humming noises when you put the back of it to your ear, but the sad iPod comes up as well when that happens. So I'm not sure what the humming means in your case, because obviously your iPod still works.

Has it been slowing down since the humming started?

Date:   Aug 10, 06 at 1:06am (PST)

No, it plays and acts as if nothing had ever happened, but I do hear those sounds...

bri

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Aug 10, 06 at 2:12am (PST)
The humming is coming from the iPod and not from any accesories or the stereo, right? Is the humming noise continous or does it come and go?

Date:   Aug 10, 06 at 2:08pm (PST)

It is continuous, but it's been two days since I last used it in the car adapter, I have used it heavily during the last two days, no different since I got it, and it is barely audible now, have to hold it right by your ear compared to that first night that it actually could be heard upon entering my room. How confusing.

bri

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.