Forum Thread: IPOD notes? - page 1

reprinted from
original thread:

Author:   Simco
Date:   Jul 30, 06 at 7:28am (PST)
Subject:   IPOD notes?
I've got a 4G ipod, windows formatted with software version 3.1.1 and have discovered that when i've placed text files in my notes folder they appear as the original file size in windows explorer, though in my ipod they are limited to a 4K file size.

What's the deal??? Has anyone else seen this?

I thought someone could elaborate further on this point, and help my potential dilemma of having to break anything down to 4K chunks so i can read the entirety of any articles...

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Jul 30, 06 at 3:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: IPOD notes?
Well, what I do when I put notes on my iPod was to put the whole thing on and to see where it was cut off. Then I'd copy and paste that cut off point to a new document. Then I'd delete that chunk (make sure you have another copy of the document). Then upload it again with the first part taken out and see where that is cut off. It's long and tedious but I'm not sure of any other way =/.

Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 12:37am (PST)

Thanks for the reply weapon:

I was hoping that wasn't the only alternative I had! They didn't allow for a v. large file size for notes, did they?
I guess it improves with later generations...
Might have to look into an upgrade.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 6:47pm (PST)
As far as I know it's still only 4KB for each note page. You could get a convertor that will not only split the file into 4KB segments but also link each of them.

Here's an online one I found in a google search.

This message was edited by Master of the VG on Jul 31 2006.

Date:   Aug 04, 06 at 6:49am (PST)
Hey Master... thanks for the handy link. Was pondering how to manage converting files when you solved the problem.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.