Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: friends ipod, needs help - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t704856-friends-ipod-needs-help/

Author:   T_Sik
Date:   Jun 22, 06 at 2:24pm (PST)
Subject:   friends ipod, needs help
-------------------------------------------
ok so my friends ipod keeps getting the sad face, and the folder with exclamation point, hes tried restoring, updating, everything listed on apple.com. so then he sent it back to get repaired. they denied his request and sent it back, and when it came back it had a dent in the back. he sent it back again to get service as it still won't work. apple once again denied his request. what should he do?

Date:   Jun 25, 06 at 5:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: friends ipod, needs help
anyone have any ideas?

Author:   iplaythisthing
Date:   Jun 27, 06 at 8:30pm (PST)
You must of dropped it or something, when you get the sad face its brocken forever

Date:   Jun 28, 06 at 6:25pm (PST)
well he did punt it so that may have done it but now apple wants 255.99 to repair it
that makes no sense cuz he payed 170 for it refurbished and he could get a new one for 300

Author:   Mexican Bandito
Date:   Jun 29, 06 at 3:33pm (PST)
what model is it and if hes in his warranty time then well you could get a new ipod like i did i had a video ipod and while playing parachute the middle button in the click wheel, it got stuck so i took it to the mac store and asked what could be done, they dont have the machine to remove its faceplate so its not like they could do anything so they gave me a new ipod video, so i guess you could do what i did and get the middle button jammed and put it on hold so they wont turn it on and see if theyll give u a new one

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.