Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 2 or 4 gig iPod Nano? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t691974-2-4-gig-ipod-nano/

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   May 28, 06 at 6:10pm (PST)
Subject:   2 or 4 gig iPod Nano?
-------------------------------------------
Were going to be leaving for a 2 week vaction friday, and I decided to bring an iPod along with me to listen to music, and its about time to upgrade my 256mb MP3 player. But I dont know weather to get the 2 gig iPod or the 4.

I currently have about 1.4gigabytes of music I'll put on it, and I'm always going to be adding more. but after the iPod is formated, it only turns out to be 1.8 of usuable space, leaving me with about .4gig of free space. I've also heard that you can use it as a storage device; put files/documents on it, and transfer it from computer to computer, so I would like to use it for that.

the only problem is the only stores in town cary the 1 and 2 gig iPod. if I order a 4gig iPod I'll have to do over night shipping (expensive), and I may not get it to me in time.

my main question is will I be fine with just buying a 2gig iPod from walmart, or will it be best to just order the 4gig one online, with over night shipping?

Author:   BLinK0
Date:   May 28, 06 at 8:44pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 2 or 4 gig iPod Nano?
Not thinking of the trip, but looking into the future,like about every 2 months how many songs would you add? And would you take out songs?

Oh yeah and how much would extra would you have to pay for overnight?

Date:   May 28, 06 at 8:52pm (PST)
I duno, maybe around 20-30 songs. it depends on what songs that I hear that I like, and download and add to it. I may not take out very many at all, probably around 15 or less. I'll most likely just take out songs if I dont have room for them.

The website I found of it off of has a white 4GB ipod for $230, and I'm going to get this case to go with it. Overnight shipping is $21, and rush processing is $3. the full total is $280.

Date:   May 28, 06 at 8:56pm (PST)
Hm I'd say just go for the 4 gig and the overnight delivery, you'll be glad in the future you did that once you start putting more songs on it.OPENTHESLAYER

Date:   May 28, 06 at 9:05pm (PST)
Lunchmeat..

My parents tell me that it will be easier to just get a 2gig ipod from walmart, that way I "actualy have it in my hands today, isntead of waiting for it". Right now, they havnt even done anything with my order. they havnt even charged my credit card yet, which has me worried if it will actualy be here in time. and with tomarrow being a hollidy...

or I can drive 45minutes to a bigger town, spend $250 on a nano, then $20 on a case, then 45minutes back. actualy, puting it like that makes it sound like a good idea... save money off shipping at least.

Also, how does that case look? I want something that will fit in my poket for when I'm not using it (during school, or anything else) and something that can clip on to my pants/belt for when I do listen to it, and that protects the LCD screen.

Author:   SystemOfAtak
Date:   May 29, 06 at 9:54pm (PST)
Or you can buy Your self a 30 giga byte video ipod for 300 and maybe a case for 20-30 dollars so why spend 20 dollars less and only get 4 gigas when you can spend 20 bucvks more and get up to more then 20,000 more songas plus it can hold videos

Date:   May 29, 06 at 10:06pm (PST)
Because I want a SMALL iPod, that will easily fit in my poket, like the nano does. plus I dont have 30 gigs of music. I wont watch videos.

That and, I've already orderd a white iPod nano 4gig.

This message was edited by the slayer on May 29 2006.

Date:   May 30, 06 at 2:52am (PST)
(To the person above slayer)

20,000?? 30g holds around 7500, I don't know where you got 20,000 from.

Date:   May 31, 06 at 3:01am (PST)
It should be here by tomarrow.

Me and my sister both have an iPod (well I'm about to). I'll load all my music from my computer, and she'll load it off another computer. We also have a laptop. Can we load iTunes on it, and use the laptop to load/delete songs from BOTH our iPods? or is there another program that will allow us to do it if itunes wont work?

Date:   May 31, 06 at 3:28am (PST)
iTunes is the only program you can use for the iPod. just download it here on your laptop.

Date:   May 31, 06 at 5:14am (PST)
I already have the iTunes CD, I just need to know if you can connect an ipod to more then one computer.

Date:   May 31, 06 at 6:31pm (PST)
If you mean connect it to your laptop and then into your own computer later, I'm quite sure you can.

Author:   Diversion
Date:   May 31, 06 at 8:47pm (PST)
You can connect it to another computer to charge it, but I'm not sure about loading songs on to it from another computer. I tried it on a friends computer and all the songs were a faded grey and I couldn't select them to load on to my iPod. I'm not sure if you can fix that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.