Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Track Segue - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t676109-track-segue/

Author:   Mantisalien27
Date:   Apr 24, 06 at 7:50am (PST)
Subject:   Track Segue
-------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm looking at buying an Ipod but I have a defining question: I love to listen to Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon and it is essential to listen to this seamlessly. Basically my question is do I have the option to have one track immediately go into the next, as if i was listening to one complete track rather than separate ones, or is there going to be a brief period of silence between each track? Thank you in advance for any response.

Author:   Cdemon
Date:   Apr 25, 06 at 4:37am (PST)
Subject:   re: Track Segue
I believe there's a way, but I've yet to find it. But yeah, it's a bit annoying on Live albums.

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Apr 25, 06 at 10:41am (PST)
So many of the audio players I've listened to don't have this feature. An exception is the Rio Karma. That have no silence between it. You could try that instead of the iPod. I just prefer the iPod over the Karma since the Karma supposedly has a hard drive which is very easily damaged.

Author:   Cdemon
Date:   Apr 25, 06 at 11:17am (PST)
iPods use HDD's, too.

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Apr 25, 06 at 11:23am (PST)
Yeah but the Karma's gets busted up more for some reason. There have been loads of complaints on their website and on cnet.com. Less for Pods.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Apr 25, 06 at 11:21pm (PST)
All of the MP3 players that I have owned always have that gap between tracks which I find very annoying.

As for Rio I used to have a 32MB flash player about three or four years ago. It crapped out about a year after I bought it. I haven't bought any other Rio product since.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.