Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: HELP ME I DONT WANT TO DELETE MY MUSIC!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t653540-help-dont-want-to-delete-my-music/

Author:   johnk89
Date:   Mar 06, 06 at 12:02am (PST)
Subject:   HELP ME I DONT WANT TO DELETE MY MUSIC!!
-------------------------------------------
I just got a 30gb video ipod yesterday and I already downloaded about 400 songs. My dad said that I had to delete everything from my library because it was taking up too much memory. I did, and now I want to add more music. I want to do this without it updating and getting rid of everything. Is that possible, or am I just freaking out for no reason? Please help!

Thanks,
John

Author:   Master_Gamer 17
Date:   Mar 06, 06 at 12:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: HELP ME I DONT WANT TO DELETE MY MUSIC!!
How much memory does your computer have?

Author:   BLinK0
Date:   Mar 06, 06 at 4:07am (PST)
Well if you already have it on your ipod,i think just make sure that you update your ipod manually,and not automatically.

Author:   Master_Gamer 17
Date:   Mar 06, 06 at 6:08pm (PST)
quote BLinK0
Well if you already have it on your ipod,i think just make sure that you update your ipod manually,and not automatically.
Yea, that makes sense too now that I think about it. You should really always use manual.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Mar 06, 06 at 7:22pm (PST)
quote BLinK0
Yes do just as BLinK0 said. Go to Edit >> Preferences >> Ipod. Then click the setting that makes it update manually. You shouldn't have to do anything initially as all your music should be currently on your iPod from previous syncronizing, so you should be able to just delete your music after your sure its set to manual.

Then to add more music to your iPod, just add the file to the iTunes library, connect your iPod, and drag and drop the new song to your iPod. Good luck, and you seriously should have more space on your hard drive lol.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.