Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Big iPod Question? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t646250-big-ipod-question/

Author:   Al Capone
Date:   Feb 15, 06 at 7:30am (PST)
Subject:   Big iPod Question?
-------------------------------------------
ok this is a huge question i need to be answerd before it kills me.

why would anyone consider buying a iPod Nano thats holds nothing near what an iPod Video can hold, when the iPod Video, is not that much more expensive?

everytime i look at them, all i see is a waste of money for the Nano. the only thing that would be a selling point would be the size and look of it, thats it.

what do you guys think????

Author:   Screw
Date:   Feb 15, 06 at 11:48am (PST)
Subject:   re: Big iPod Question?
My mate bought the nano because it fits perfectly in his pocket for school and also because it had just the right memory for him.

Author:   Darkel
Date:   Feb 15, 06 at 6:20pm (PST)
Because 5G iPods suck. Well, at least their batteries do. I haven't encountered one of them that hasn't had an issue with battery life. Nanos, on the other hand, seem to have very few battery issues, which is why I bought one and am currently very happy with my purchase.

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Feb 16, 06 at 2:19pm (PST)
Over here, the iPod video 30GB is about 130US dollars more expensive. That's why?

And iPod videos are the ugliest iPods ever created.

But then again, the nano scratches/breaks really easily, has small text, has terrible battery and is ugly too.

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Feb 16, 06 at 8:33pm (PST)
I have a nano and have dropped it numerous times (with no case). It has the normal scratches on the back, but none on the front. The screen is also in perfect condition, and how can you say the nano is ugly if it looks similar to every other iPod?

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Feb 16, 06 at 9:58pm (PST)
Also the nano uses a flash drive (no moving parts) and the iPod Video uses a harddrive (which contains moving parts).

Author:   Al Capone
Date:   Feb 17, 06 at 2:30am (PST)
i got my iPod 30GB Video (Black), and it is amazing, battery life for a movie, is about 2 hours, and for music, damn seems like forever. the 30GB fits very well in my pocket, and only has the usual scuff marks of being held and brushing against my pants, never been dropped. on of the deeper scratches is from my headphones against it, in my pocket, so now i dont wrap the headphones around it anymore.

but i could not be more please with my purchase

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Feb 17, 06 at 10:05am (PST)
quote Animated
I have a nano and have dropped it numerous times (with no case). It has the normal scratches on the back, but none on the front. The screen is also in perfect condition, and how can you say the nano is ugly if it looks similar to every other iPod?
I've seen people snap the nano with their hands. Maybe you just look after your iPod Nano better but I've seen lots of people with huge scratches on their nano screen. And I only think it's ugly because the thinness doesn't appeal to me.

Author:   DenniseA
Date:   Feb 17, 06 at 11:52pm (PST)
Well, for me I like the Nano since in most times as I listen to it often in school. I do have the Video except the fact that people actually try to steal it in school and even outside I try to keep my iPod hidden. The Nano really fits in my jeans and it's easy to hide. I wouldn't really want to bring my Video to school since it attracts attention in school and you really can't watch it unless you know it's safe to take it out. I'm really into the iPod since the compilation of music I could put in it. I don't care much on watching music videos or movies. Though just a hundred dollars from the Nano could get you the Video.

It really depends on what you are going to use it for.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.