Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Buy a Shuffle? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t641998-buy-shuffle/

Author:   banjo bloowie
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 12:36pm (PST)
Subject:   Buy a Shuffle?
-------------------------------------------
In my Country a Ipod shuffle is just €100,- ,
shall I buy it? It hasn't many functions but it looks nice and many music can be placed on it, so what's you're opinion?

Author:   Master_Gamer 17
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 12:47pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Buy a Shuffle?
Well, it depends on what you wan't to do with it. I have a video 30GB, and it's nice for the podcast. If you just plan to listen to music, then yea, get a shuffle. Unless you want a screen to tell what your doing.

Author:   themanof_concepcion
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 12:48pm (PST)
Do you listen to a lot of music? The iPod Shuffle Gb model can hold 240 songs. The Shuffle is worth it.

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:33pm (PST)
Shuffle 512 Mb: €100,-
Shuffle 1Gb: €130,-
And I mean the €100,- one....

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 3:55pm (PST)
I'm pretty sure the 512MB Shuffle holds around 100-120 songs, which isn't bad if you don't listen to much music. If you just want something to listen to when your bored and don't listen to a whole lot of music it would be good for you.

Author:   Screw
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 7:27pm (PST)
I have an iPod Shuffle. They are worth it. They are simple, easy to use and have enough memory unless you want to store more than 240 songs. So yeah, Buy it!

They're cheaper here though.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 9:37pm (PST)
My friend has an iPod shuffle and the easiest solution out there to overcome the limited capacity limit is to just set your iPod to only update one specific playlist. Making that playlist your last 200 or so listened to songs is also quite nice also. I would just say pay an extra few buxx for an upgraded iPod like the nano or mini. Ebay works wonders for these things, I saved a crap load.

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 9:50pm (PST)
You could probably find a used 1st or 2nd Generation 4GB Mini relatively cheap. You should look into. Either way you go, all of the iPods are awesome in their own right.

Author:   anluan04
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 10:08pm (PST)
If I changed to a shuffle now, I think i'd really miss out with the LCD screen but that may not bother you.

If you just want to listen to music and don't have a big collection then it's fine but a larger iPod can give you the luxury of having your whole collection plus extras.

Author:   HBK619
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 10:14pm (PST)
If you have that amount of money to throw around I'd suggest it, but for what you get I personally think it's a rip off. I've seen other Mp3 players with larger capacities, a screen, and at a cheaper price. However, if you have your heart set on it, and only have 100-200 songs, then I guess it's okay. For me personally having no screen would really annoy me, as well as such a small capacity, but if it suit's you, then that's all that matters.

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 10:17pm (PST)
Same here, that's one of the main reasons I opted for the nano. I hated the fact that it had no screen. Hopefully in the future there will be atleast a tiny screen that lets you pick the song you want to listen to.

Author:   jimminy cricket
Date:   Feb 09, 06 at 2:39pm (PST)
I have a shuffle and a 30gb gen5 and am please to have both. The shuffle is great for those times you are a bit worried about banging or scratching your nice video ipod. It's also useful as you can use it as a data stick. That said, I read yesterday that they are now reducing the price of Nanos so they will only be a few more euros than the shuffle so if you're after a screen, you might want to go for the nano.

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Feb 09, 06 at 3:34pm (PST)
I use my Shuffle for driving in the car, and I absolutely love it. It's like having your own radio station, basically, and it's really easy to update/charge whenever you want to. I got mine for $100, and it was definitely worth it.

I have a regular iPod as well, which I use around the house and if I'm going somewhere where I'd actually need it, but I seem to be using my Shuffle more often these days just because the unpredictability of it is really enjoyable. So I say go for it man.

Date:   Feb 09, 06 at 5:34pm (PST)
Ipod Nano: €210,-
Ipod Shuffle: €100,-

so you can buy 2 Shuffels
for one Nano...

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Feb 10, 06 at 1:36pm (PST)
I had a friend who bought a Shuffle. I noticed that the USB port had quite a bit of dirt accumulating after a couple months.

Bah, IMO, the Shuffle gets a thumbs up for creativity, but all in all, I think you should look into something with a display. Even though 100 songs may not be a lot, if you're trying to show a friend a song, it may take ages to find. You could use it as a special music thumbdrive though. For parties and stuff.

Then there's the SuperTangent which is basically a Taiwanese version of the Shuffle or sommat. The Tangent is smaller, but the construction is a bit more shoddy apparently. Just thought I'd mention it.

If you want a cheap and easy-to-carry music player, get the Shuffle (same applies for that Music Thumbdrive and for Cars), but if you're an Audiophile don't get the Shuffle. 100 also sounds a bit pricey. I think you can get a 1GB edition with 100 over here.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.