Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: USB Recognition Error - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t641940-usb-recognition-error/

Author:   sheilaandreea
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 6:59am (PST)
Subject:   USB Recognition Error
-------------------------------------------
my pc could not recognize the usb from the ipod,but the baterry is recharged.....and also the itunes doesn't work any more(it doesn't appear the folder ADMINISTRATOR and not even that thing with DO NOT DISCONECT from the ipod screen)....i tried to reinstall the softwear for the ipod from the cd, but ....nothing happend....what's wrong.....is the usb cable damaged...what can i do???please help me???10X;(

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 9:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: USB Recognition Error
From the sound of it, I do not think your USB cable simply died. You clearly stated that you were able to connect your iPod to your computer before, but now it is no longer working. You mention something about Administrator no longer showing, are you talking about some type of user system on windows XP? I am not sure.

It sounds as if you are having severe internal problems with your system, that in affect are creating barriers for your iTunes & iPod to effectively work together.

Post back with a little bit info on how all this happened, i'm sure we can help you. And welcome to neoseeker.

Author:   sheila
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 10:37am (PST)
Subject:   back.....with the same problem
about the administrator.i refere to the the administrator from the itune program(which i instaleld from the ipod cd).yes a have xp windows...i am not very sure u understand what i really mean.what is really worried me is that my computer don't see the usb i have this ipod for 3 months and everything was fine till yesterday.i can play games on the ipod...i also can read the notes from it but the rest is dead.and also the screen is fine.i tried to see if it works at another pc...and the same happend..DON'T SEE THE USB...i'm sure that my pc is fine..can a virus attack the settings of the ipod?i'm not very sure that is this possible...what do u mean with"severe internal problems" are u sure can fix it?

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 10:43am (PST)
sheila, from what you described, it sounds like your first suspisions could indeed be true about the faulty USB cable. Like all cables they can get fried one day (happened to a friend of mine's lan cable once and I never believed her til she proved it XD).

The fact that your iPod seems to be fully working (you can play music, notes, games etc) but yet does not show up on another computer other than the one you normally use could lead to the answer of a faulty/dead USB cable.

If you have a usb AC block that goes in the wall and uses the USB cable, see if it'll still charge the iPod. That could provide some more information to the issue. If it was somehow your iPod that corrupted you should NOT have full range of music, notes and games like you experience, so I do not think it is that.

But be aware, if you say you only had it for three months, the USB cable could indeed be part of the warranty. You should bring it to an Apple store and more than likely you'd walk out with a new USB cable with no cost.

I'm heading to bed, but i'll check this thread for a reply if you give one tommarow. Good luck and i'm sure we'll all help you figure it out.

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 11:01am (PST)
i receive this ipod..from a friend from germany(i'm from romania and in my country didn't exist an apple store, so no guarantee)the ipod is not even playing music..i can only play solitaire&co.how is it possible to charge the ipod if the usb id dead?if i put my pc to search for a new hardwear it found it but didn't appear in My Computer..u understand me?

Author:   Master_Gamer 17
Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:10pm (PST)
Have you tried getting a new USB yet?

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:13pm (PST)
no,because shops are closed today.but i will try monday.i hope it is usb the one who caused me problems

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:18pm (PST)
quote sheila
no,because shops are closed today.but i will try monday.i hope it is usb the one who caused me problems
Alright, try that. If it doesn't work, then I give you full permission to knock me upside the head for making you spend money.

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:21pm (PST)
it is not about the money...i just hope to resolv this probleme.

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:33pm (PST)
quote sheila
it is not about the money...i just hope to resolv this probleme.
I was trying to make a joke...
Hopefully that'll fix it though.

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:38pm (PST)
ya..i know it was a joke..thank u anyway!!!

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:44pm (PST)
quote sheila
ya..i know it was a joke..thank u anyway!!!
American humor

Date:   Feb 04, 06 at 1:53pm (PST)
yap..american humour.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.