Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General iPod Discussion - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t638948-general-ipod-discussion/5.htm

Author:   Cdemon
Date:   Feb 06, 06 at 10:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General iPod Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Yeah, I bought a new one and replaced it myself. I replaced the screen by myself, too.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Feb 06, 06 at 10:51pm (PST)
Wow Cdemon mad props for doing that by yourself. In all honesty i'm too much of an iditiot to even attempt that; i'd probobly void my Apple Care warranty too though bah. Um the only other thing I can think of is always have the most up to date software on your iPod. New releases of iPod software almost always give you better battery life.

Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 3:20am (PST)
Yup, it's updated, too. Oh well...

Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 3:26am (PST)
Do what any self-respecting person with a battery life deprived iPod would do, sell it to one of your stupid friends for the price higher than it really is, then buy a new better one off ebay.

Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 4:21am (PST)
I got it for $130 though, and I doubt I'd get a better deal than that for a newer one. I might...

Author:   HBK619
Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 5:46am (PST)
quote Master_Gamer 17
So why don't we have a mod here in this forum, we could use one every once and a while. I'd elect either weapon or bobbonew. They're most fit for the job.
The PPD isn't really demanding a moderator, and the Computer Hardware section is out of bounds as far as application go, so no one will be applying anytime soon. Besides, Master of the VG looks over the whole section anyway.

As for the dude with that lawsuit, it's the typical thing which is showing how abused the current law system is. I don't blame the guy for trying either, people have sued for having cracked roof tiles which caused them to fall and hurt themselves, when they were the one's breaking into the house. I guess this will teach Apple to put one of those blantantly obvious warning labels on their iPods now saying ' Caution : When the volume is turned up full, the sound is loud and may cause hearing problems in later life. '

Author:   Master_Gamer 17
Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 9:35pm (PST)
Yea, the guy is probably just looking for a cheap couple of dollars from Apple. Nothing more.

Author:   johnnybatters
Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 12:33am (PST)
I was you I wouldn't buy a nano but a video. First, it's the price thing; why spend $250 for 4GB while for $50 more you can get 30GB. Also (and I don't think i'm off base with this) the first time you hold an ipod you can become addicted. I thought a mini felt good in my hand a video feels a hundred times better. And if you get a nano sooner you're going to wanto get a video.

Let's see; Reese Witherspoon at my door in a neglacae? or a night with my 30g ipod video.SORRY REESE!
Well, maybe not. LOL!

Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 2:41am (PST)
Cheapest I saw on eBay that's within a reasonable end time at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPod-Video-60Gb-White-MA003LL-A-NEW-latest-Gen_W0QQitemZ5863179183QQcategoryZ90964QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheapest I saw on eBay that's Buy It Now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPod-Video-White-60GB-GREAT-PRODUCT_W0QQitemZ5863050833QQcategoryZ90964QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Author:   anluan04
Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 6:35pm (PST)
quote geek.com
Apple has announced the new member of its iPod nano line, a 1 GB iPod nano at a price point of just US$149. In addition to this announcement, Apple revealed new pricing for the iPod shuffle: the 512 MB shuffle will now retail for $69, while the 1 GB model will retail for $99. These moves will allow Apple's flash players to be more cost competitive compared to similar flash players on the market.

I don't think that it's too much of a coincidence that Apple announced the new iPod nano and the price cuts to its iPod shuffle line soon after Dell decided to leave the hard-drive-based music players market while staying in the flash-based music players segment. Clearly, Apple is smelling blood and wants to completely kill its competition. If Dell isn't a strategic target for Apple's moves then it is at least an unintentional victim.

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 9:25pm (PST)
I thought that they would increase the size of the nano, but they just went down . I guess the 1GB could appear to a bit of a larger audience, but we'll have to see.

Author:   bibbity
Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 9:55pm (PST)
I thought that they would increase the size of it as well, though I do agree that in a way more people will buy a Nano now as it's cheaper, so they can easier afford it.

Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 10:00pm (PST)
Guys horrible past few days. My iPod... went into a coma!!! Ok so it got corrupted I believe due to loss of battery being left in my bag, and I was left with the dreaded folder icon.

I had no idea what to do, nothing would work. I finally just hit buttons hoping for a prayer and it suddenly went into "disc mode". I did connect it to my computer thank god and did a restore. Nothing happened. Still all screwed up.

Then I managed to put it back into disc mode, and formated it from "My Computer" as a harddrive as I read this works. After that, I did a restore, and thankgod, it is now working again.

Please, remember this post guys because obviously I didnt think it could happen to me and seriously was pissed/upset these past few days trying to fix it. I don't know how or why the above method works, but i'm glad it does. I did discover through this I somehow have 514 days left on my iPod warranty (4th Gen 20GB), not complaining lol.

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 11:39pm (PST)
That sounds almost exactly like what happened when I had my U2 iPod. Nothing worked, so I just returned it for the same as yours xD.

As for warranty wise, I think I have like 627+ days left or something like that (hurray for futureshops 3 year warranty plan).

So, pretty much of a general question, but what is everyone currently listening to on their iPod? I am listening to the Tragically Hip's Hipeponymous (also titled Yer Favorites) CD. Also I am listening to Dallas Green's solo album (from Alexisonfire).

Author:   KingThomasOfThePS2
Date:   Feb 09, 06 at 1:00am (PST)
quote Animated
I thought that they would increase the size of the nano, but they just went down . I guess the 1GB could appear to a bit of a larger audience, but we'll have to see.
Don't forget that there is another big secret Apple press conference on Feb. 22nd.

Wow this forum has taken off in the past weeks, I might just have to start stopping by regularly again.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.