Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General iPod Discussion - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t638948-general-ipod-discussion/2.htm

Author:   HBK619
Date:   Jan 29, 06 at 7:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: General iPod Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Anyone play the games on their iPod frequently? I was waiting in line somewhere the other day and started to play Brick while I was listening to music, got to about 310, the multi-ball levels rock.

quote Darkel
Also, whoever said "smooth move with the white iPod Nano" I don't quite get the logic - the white one looks sexier and doesn't show fingerprints as badly as the the black one. Who's idea was it to start churning out black iPods anyways? I think they look incredibly ugly.
I said that because I prefer the white one, thus it was good that he was getting a white nano, what did you think I was saying? I can see why Apple brought out the black nano, people like choice and lots of my friends have them and like the colour more than white, even though I personally prefer white.

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Jan 31, 06 at 1:02am (PST)
I now have a 4GB nano, and I have to say that I'm loving it so far. I looks just like a mini version of the standard iPod (which it's meant to be). The box is extremely small, but it served it's purpose. iTunes is extremely easy to work and everythings going great. I rate the nano around an 9.5/10.

Author:   Vegeta dude
Date:   Jan 31, 06 at 6:15am (PST)
Darn something is wrong with my iPod video,it runs fine but just recently it won't turn off.I keep holding down the play button and it just stays on the whole time.Not even if I leave it for a while it still stays on,anything that could've caused this or is my iPod just being a piece of crap right now.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Jan 31, 06 at 7:02am (PST)
Vegeta dude, many things could have caused that. Pressing too hard on the play button (could be by accident if you put it in your school bag or something), or a slight splash of water on it. I would go the optomistic way and instead just format the hard drive with iPod updater. It'll reinstall the software and you can easily upload your songs.

Press and hold the action button and menu for about 5 seconds and try a simple "soft reset". Sometimes that does the trick. Let us know how it goes.

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 1:55am (PST)
I wouldn't know about pressing the action button but can you explain where the format button is though.If that reinstalls software then it could possibly work.

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 2:09am (PST)
If the iPod updater software isn't already loaded onto your computer (which more than likely it is, located under iPod>> on your start menu), you can get it here . Install it, plug in your ipod, run that program and you'll see the format selection. Good luck.

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 2:37am (PST)
Yes!Just updated the version and it worked fine again,thanks again dude.I would've hated to have to use the mini for a while.

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 2:44am (PST)
No problem man. I usually find with hard drives (such as the one within the iPod) one tiny quick shut down or disconnect with the computer corrupts the software the tiniest little bit and every once and a while needs to be reinstalled. My touch wheel lost its sensitivity once where I couldnt use it at all, and a reinstall of the software is what did the trick.

(And I agree, being restricted to a mini would kill me lol).

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 2:58am (PST)
Ah great,I think it's working fine and then my backlight won't turn on.At least not by the menu button,anything that would work besides having to format.

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 3:25am (PST)
Try the soft reset, hitting action and menu at the same time. Sounds like your having a days worth of problems with that damn iPod.

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 3:00pm (PST)
Still haven't solved the problem but I did notice something,the menu button doesn't turn on the backlight but it takes me back to the main menu instead.

Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 11:32pm (PST)
quote HBK619
Anyone play the games on their iPod frequently?
I occasionally play brick, but the games really aren't that fun. The iPod wasn't designed to play games, so I guess I really shouldn't complain.

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Feb 02, 06 at 12:01am (PST)
I will play brick from time to time from bordom. On a new topic who listens to podcasts, and which ones do you listen to?

I currently listen to twit, diggnation, dl.tv and infected.

Date:   Feb 02, 06 at 12:05am (PST)
I still haven't figured out how to work podcasts. What exactly are they? Like radio stations on for iPod products?

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Feb 02, 06 at 1:33am (PST)
Podcasts are downloadable from the iTunes music store for free. That podcast section on your iPod is where they are located (obviously). You pretty much have the idea about them though they are like radio stations. Download one from the iTunes store and give it a listen. You might have to listen around though since some are terrible.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.