Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General iPod Discussion - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t638948-general-ipod-discussion/12.htm

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Jul 29, 06 at 2:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: General iPod Discussion
-------------------------------------------
I didn't find Apple's support to be bad, just the company's support which I bought it off of. They *bleep*ed around with it and put a crack in the screen, when they sent it to Apple they said it couldn't be repaired for free since it wasn't covered by the warranty. Good thing I bought the 3 year warranty through the company I got it from though, it covers nearly everything under the warranty so I got it replaced.

Author:   Transagent
Date:   Jul 29, 06 at 6:12pm (PST)
Hey forte if i were you I would buy the new ipod thats coming out next year.

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Aug 01, 06 at 4:30am (PST)
I've heard lots of bad Apple support stories. Oh well, I guess that it was the company's fault so I suppose Apple support isn't too bad.

And Transagent, hwow do you know that there's a new iPod out this year?

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Aug 01, 06 at 4:37am (PST)
In reality he doesn't know for sure that there will be a new iPod next year but it's a good bet that there may be a new one coming out.

Recently some code was found in the iPod updater that has been fueling rumors of an iPod phone. Whether or not there is an iPod phone in the works or it was some programmer's idea of a prank remains to be seen.

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Apr 27, 07 at 1:25am (PST)
I thought I would bring this back up and see if anyone knows if there is a new iPod set to be coming out any time soon. I do know about the iPhone and I'm not really interested in it at the moment.

Date:   Apr 29, 07 at 2:36pm (PST)
Supposedly there will be a new iPod that's like the iPhone (without the phone part) that will come out some time after the iPhone comes out, but I don't know of an ETA for it.

Author:   bucmuc
Date:   May 19, 07 at 3:59am (PST)
Hey, new to this thread. Um, well I have the 80GB video and I love it. Helps standing in line or on road trips when you can watch movies easily.

Author:   samuraisushimonster
Date:   May 27, 07 at 2:44am (PST)
i dont get paying the same for an 8GB nano or a 30GB video
you must be nuts if you bought an 8Gb nano

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Oct 18, 07 at 1:59am (PST)
So, has anyone gotten an iPod Touch yet? Do you think it's worth the premium over the classic? I'm just wondering because I haven't heard any talk about it lately.

Date:   Oct 21, 07 at 3:36pm (PST)
I don't have one and IMO, it isn't worth it. For the price they're asking you could almost get a laptop.

Author:   Bread Effect
Date:   Nov 05, 07 at 1:39am (PST)
Hey, new to the iPods-ish. I've been wondering, what ever happened to the iPod video? I mean, I've been looking around at some stores around me but all I ever see anymore is the iPod Classic.

Do stores still sell it or will I have to buy it from the online store?

Date:   Nov 05, 07 at 2:09am (PST)
The iPod Video is the last gen iPod. The iPod classic is the newer version of the iPod video.

Date:   Nov 05, 07 at 3:10am (PST)
You mean to tell me they are marketing a crappier Video with just more memory than the actual good one that I've been thinking about getting?

Now thats just messed. I don't want the razor sharp edged Classic. Screw having half of a picture on one side and having the other half as your list of songs. =\ I want the full screen to be the list ;_;.

Is theere anyway I can buy an Ipod Video though? Maybe Best Buy still has some left...

Date:   Nov 05, 07 at 3:14am (PST)
You could shop on the online Apple store. They probably have a few refurbished ones if you are willing to get a used one.

Date:   Nov 05, 07 at 10:43pm (PST)
quote Master of the VG
You could shop on the online Apple store. They probably have a few refurbished ones if you are willing to get a used one.
Heh, I'd get a carrying case now that I think about it to protect it anyways. I don't think I'd notice it too much.

Is there any way to stop that Half screen is a picture, the other half is the list?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.