Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General iPod Discussion - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t638948-general-ipod-discussion/11.htm

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Mar 01, 06 at 10:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: General iPod Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Everyone thought Apple was going to release the "new iPod" today. I was cynical.

Apple has a tendency to surprise us IMO.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Mar 04, 06 at 4:16am (PST)
Whats with this Apple iPod Hi-Fi? I just popped onto Apple.com and saw it, thought it was a new type of iPod but was dissapointed. I never even heard of it at all before...

Author:   guest2020
Date:   Mar 04, 06 at 6:56am (PST)
To me, the apple ipod Hi-fi was also a dissapointment. The thing is pretty heavy and I was hoping they would come out with something I can travel with. Why would I use something that heavy and that expensive when I could use my P.C Speakers instead.

-Guest2020

Link Removed

This message was edited by Master of the VG(moderator) on Mar 04 2006.

Date:   Mar 09, 06 at 12:02pm (PST)
I think I'll bump this.

I don't really like the looks of the iPod HiFi. I prefer my ancient tube tech surround thing my dad has.

Anyway, can anyone help me? iPod Color with Photo Capabilities 20GB vs. iPod 4th Gen 20GB.

Just tell me which one is better in these categories please.

Sound
Size
Weight
Features

The iPod Photo 20GB looks exactly the same as the iPod 4th Gen 20GB right?

Author:   The5thAvocado
Date:   Mar 09, 06 at 11:22pm (PST)
I'd say sound is the most important. I mean, weight shouldn't be a problem. The heaviest ones only weight about 5 or 6 ounces. Features are nice, but I think iPods are better used for just music. Size is kind of important, but most of them are small enough anyway. Although having a tiny one may seem cool, it doesn't really matter.

This is all coming from my opinion. I'm a very musical guy. Music makes up most of my life. I can't stand listening to a "fuzzy" song, and the louder, the better. But I'm there are a lot of people who would disagree with me because they prefer things like videos.

Author:   BLinK0
Date:   Mar 10, 06 at 12:33am (PST)
Yeah that Hi-Fi looks pretty dumb,if i just want to listen to my Ipod like that i just hook it up to my surround sound stereo.

Date:   Mar 10, 06 at 6:58am (PST)
quote The5thAvacado
I'd say sound is the most important. I mean, weight shouldn't be a problem. The heaviest ones only weight about 5 or 6 ounces. Features are nice, but I think iPods are better used for just music. Size is kind of important, but most of them are small enough anyway. Although having a tiny one may seem cool, it doesn't really matter.

This is all coming from my opinion. I'm a very musical guy. Music makes up most of my life. I can't stand listening to a "fuzzy" song, and the louder, the better. But I'm there are a lot of people who would disagree with me because they prefer things like videos.
Erm. I think you got a bit confused. I wanted to know which iPod was better. The 4th Gen 20GB or the iPod Photo 20GB

Author:   Transagent
Date:   Mar 10, 06 at 6:41pm (PST)
quote FortePenance
quote The5thAvacado

Erm. I think you got a bit confused. I wanted to know which iPod was better. The 4th Gen 20GB or the iPod Photo 20GB
Ipod photo since its color and good for your eyes.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Mar 10, 06 at 7:34pm (PST)
I would also go for the iPod photo since it's newer and has a color screen. It also has more features and I believe it has a better battery life.

Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 2:41am (PST)
They are the exact same size right?

Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 2:49am (PST)
On this thread there is a chart that goes over all of the specs on the iPod. They are practically the same size but the iPod photo is slightly thicker.

Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 2:57am (PST)
There's a 20GB iPod Photo but how come it doesn't show on the comparison chart?

Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 3:32am (PST)
I think the chart was made either before the 20GB iPod photo came out or it was an oversight.

Author:   Weapon
Date:   May 16, 06 at 10:34pm (PST)
Well to start discussion a bit, I am not pleased with apple at all, or futureshop. My iPod recently had a burn mark under the screen. It was fine all day, I turned it on started listening, then went to change the song and there about a 2 x 2 centimeter mark under the screen. So I took it back to futureshop (where I originally bought it) and had the extra 3 year warranty. Figured it wouldn't be a hassel, so they sent it to apple to get fixed, and apparently the warranty I payed $150 for doesn't cover this because there was an apparent crack in the screen (according to apple) that wasn't there before shipping it. I've waited 4 weeks only to hear it can't be fixed, I mean what the hell?

I planned on buying another iPod if the repair price is over 200 dollars, even if it's 150 dollars. I really do love my iPod but I'm really not pleased at apple at the moment.

Any suggestions as to what else I could do? My one year warranty that came with the iPod with apple is over.

Edit: Well, now they are replacing my iPod so no more worries xD.

This message was edited by Weapon on May 20 2006.

Date:   Jul 27, 06 at 1:00pm (PST)
Wow. I haven't been here for a long time. So I'm still iPod-less mostly due to overspending. But with any luck, I should be able to get myself one by September since I'll be getting paid sometime around then.

So after just reading Weapon's post, is Apple's support that bad? I know he got his iPod fixed and all, but still. 4 weeks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.