Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPod Nano » Durability - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t633157-ipod-nano-raquo-durability/

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Jan 12, 06 at 9:41pm (PST)
Subject:   iPod Nano » Durability
-------------------------------------------
I am thinking about buying a nano, but I heard that it breaks pretty easily. Do you know if the newer models break as easily (screen, etc), and get scratched as easily?

Author:   TheGameHHH214
Date:   Jan 12, 06 at 10:07pm (PST)
Subject:   re: iPod Nano » Durability
They scratch like a bitch, but mine hasn't broken yet. *Knocks on wood*

Date:   Jan 12, 06 at 10:20pm (PST)
Yea, I heard that was a complaint with many of them. The black iPod Nano looks nice, but the scratches are definitely less visible one the white version.

Author:   Darkel
Date:   Jan 12, 06 at 10:25pm (PST)
Just buy protection for it and you'll be all set.

Date:   Jan 12, 06 at 10:38pm (PST)
Yea, I heard that the rubber iSkins protect the iPods pretty well. That would probably be the most logical thing to buy. Thanks.

Author:   Darkel
Date:   Jan 13, 06 at 5:21am (PST)
Personally, I enjoy the aesthetic beauty of the iPod, and keeping it in a case all the time would be like dressing up a Victoria Secret model in layers of winter clothing. I use the Sony MiniDisc pouch that my friend gave me to store the iPod in when it's in my pocket. So, when I want to take it out, I just have to reach in, grab it out of the pouch, and place it back in when I'm done. It did a excellent good job protecting my 5G iPod, even though I only had it for a week due to battery issues.

If you don't know what type of pouch I'm talking about, Audio Cubes sells it here. Also, while expensive, Apple's iPod Socks offer pretty good protection as well. But just so there's no confusion, both pouches and socks only protect it from scratches and minor bumps. Don't expect it to come out unscathed if you decide to throw it at a brick wall or drop it from a two-story building onto the sidewalk.

Author:   Pyroguy
Date:   Jan 13, 06 at 5:47am (PST)
I extremely highly recommend the invisibleSHIELD ( Option 1 | Option 2 ). If you watch the videos there, the protection is honestly that good. I just bought one recently for my iPod video and I really couldn't be happier. Not only does it offer extremely good protection, but you can barely even tell that it's on there when looking at it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.