Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: video ipod - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t626351-video-ipod/

Author:   T_Sik
Date:   Dec 28, 05 at 4:26pm (PST)
Subject:   video ipod
-------------------------------------------
ok, well i just sold my ipod mini online and am now going to get the new 30gb ipod video. i want the black one but i have heard they reveal scratches alot more than the white ones. has anyone experienced this?

Author:   zzzchriszzzz
Date:   Dec 28, 05 at 6:17pm (PST)
Subject:   re: video ipod
Yes i have a balck ipod video and i have noticed one thing .. thse ppl must be rough with there ipods .. you will get very minor scratches on it like the white ipod . these scratches can only be seen on an angle with the relfection of the sun . When ever you spend 300usd you are going to be extra carful not to scratch it , just like when you bought your new camera phone ..
which ever colour you buy i suggest you get a ipod case that prevents it evern more from getting ruined

my brother has had a the ipod ( white for some time now and its all minorly scratched up casue he uses it all the time .. THIS CANT BE PREVENTED unless you leave it in the box and just LOOK at it ..
Personally gEt teh black one, cause anything white gets dirty quickly ( greese on hands , dirt etc . )
black looks better as well!!

This cant be

Author:   zzzchriszzzz
Date:   Dec 28, 05 at 6:19pm (PST)
Yes i have a balck ipod video and i have noticed one thing .. thse ppl must be rough with there ipods .. you will get very minor scratches on it like the white ipod . these scratches can only be seen on an angle with the relfection of the sun . When ever you spend 300usd you are going to be extra carful not to scratch it , just like when you bought your new camera phone ..
which ever colour you buy i suggest you get a ipod case that prevents it evern more from getting ruined

my brother has had a the ipod ( white for some time now and its all minorly scratched up casue he uses it all the time .. THIS CANT BE PREVENTED unless you leave it in the box and just LOOK at it ..
Personally gEt teh black one, cause anything white gets dirty quickly ( greese on hands , dirt etc . )
black looks better as well!!.....

Author:   T_Sik
Date:   Dec 29, 05 at 2:43am (PST)
thanks for the info, i think im going with the black and i was wondering if a dock came with the ipod or if you just use the usb cable and also i was wondering what case you would reccomend because i was thinking of getting a thin screen protector that just sticks to the back and front

Author:   Darkel
Date:   Dec 29, 05 at 3:17am (PST)
Meh, I still prefer the classic white iPod look. I don't see why everyone likes the black - I've seen them online and in person, and I think they look ugly as all hell. Even the black PSPs I dislike and prefer the white one.

Author:   DOD
Date:   Jan 02, 06 at 8:01am (PST)
Enjoy your white ipod guy .. .. keep it clean ... its only your opinion that the BLACK one SUX >>> get a life mister RIGHT

Author:   jordanfitz1988
Date:   Jan 03, 06 at 6:01am (PST)
i have the white one , i don't see whay anyone would want a balck one as i think that they dont look as good

white is the classic ipod colour, why anyone would want a balck one is beyond me (my mum has a black nano so i have seen both, but hers doesn't appear to be scratched or anything so i wouldn't worry about one colour getting more scratched than the other)

Author:   blackipod user
Date:   Jan 03, 06 at 9:41am (PST)
we choose the black ipods to not look like a sheep following the heard

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Jan 03, 06 at 5:23pm (PST)
Then why buy an iPod at all if you want to not look like a sheep following the herd? As far as I know it's one of the most popular multimedia players.

I mean no offense to those of you who own iPods, I'm just shooting down his justification with a pointed question.

This message was edited by Master of the VG on Jan 03 2006.

Author:   blackipoduser
Date:   Jan 03, 06 at 6:54pm (PST)
there is a movment against black ipods here . thats is what i was stating

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.