Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ipod NANO PLEASE HELP - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t625399-ipod-nano-please-help/

Author:   JessUK
Date:   Dec 26, 05 at 5:32pm (PST)
Subject:   Ipod NANO PLEASE HELP
-------------------------------------------
I, like many others got an Ipod Nano for Christmas. I am using a Packard Bell laptop on Windows XP. Once I have installed itunes, my cd drive will not recognise any audio cds etc, and i have to do a recovery on it - where it resets my laptop completely and i lose everything! I have had to do this 5 times since yesterday and it is getting beyond a joke, afterall the instructions do read "quick start". This is my last hope or it gets sent back!! PLEASE HELP!

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Dec 26, 05 at 5:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ipod NANO PLEASE HELP
What do you mean by it doesn't recognize your audio CDs. Does your laptop still recognize that there is a CD in the drive when you put it in there?

Date:   Dec 27, 05 at 11:09pm (PST)
I have taken it to PC World and also a friend of my dads has been to try and sort it today - with no joy. They seem to think that the ipod installations CD is causing the cd/dvd not to be recognised!! My dad is taking it back tmoro anyhow and hoping to get one of those ZEN's instead!! I have spoke to several people who got an ipod this christmas and the installation cd seems to have caused havoc - crashing pcs, not recognising certain files/drives in the pc etc - is their any number for Apple because by looking at their troubleshooting pages etc they dont have any number to call or any email address to contact them at?

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Dec 28, 05 at 12:28am (PST)
To get some tech support usually you'll want to look up a contact us page. This is the contact page for Apple. You'll want to use a number or email address under customer assistance.

Welcome to Neoseeker

Date:   Dec 28, 05 at 3:48pm (PST)
We have phoned them today and they advised i download itunes from their website instead of installing the cd! it worked with 1 audio cd and now were back to square one and having the same problem! i have seen numerous people mentioning that they can only load 1 audio cd, i think i am having the same problem!!

and my dad cant take it back because he purchased it over 28 days ago!!

Author:   VoBoy
Date:   Dec 28, 05 at 4:51pm (PST)
Did you try it on another computer?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.