Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: All You Ever Wanted To Know About The iPod mini - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t473287-all-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-ipod-mini/

Author:   KingThomasOfThePS2
Date:   Dec 08, 04 at 1:32am (PST)
Subject:   All You Ever Wanted To Know About The iPod mini
-------------------------------------------

quote Apple.com
Everything you love about iPod just got tinier. iPod mini — available on Mac and Windows for just $249 — lets you bring along enough music for a three-day weekend getaway in a package so small you'll forget you're carrying it. Until people ask you about it.

Fashionably Compact
Apple engineers squeezed all the best features of iPod into a case weighing just 3.6 ounces and smaller than most cell phones(1). iPod mini features an anodized aluminium case that resists stains and scratches. The case weighs practically nothing, but protects iPod mini in your pocket, purse or backpack. Recessed in the case to keep its surface pristine wherever you lay it, the 1.67 inch (diagonal) backlit screen displays full song names and more. iPod mini lasts up to 8 hours on a single battery charge(2) and like its (slightly) bigger brothers, iPod mini gives you up to 25 minutes of skip protection.

Now It Helps to Be All Thumbs
In fact, all the features of iPod are still under your thumb. Always striving for perfection, Apple engineers moved the iPod's buttons under the wheel. The iPod mini Click Wheel gives you the enhanced durability and sensitivity of the iPod Touch Wheel, with buttons underneath. The Click Wheel takes best advantage of miniscule space and lets you scroll single-handedly through 1,000 songs from your iTunes music collection. You'll find such thoughtful construction only from Apple. Because, try as they might, the competition can't touch this.

Oh, one other minor detail, you can choose your iPod mini in one of five trend-setting colors: silver, gold, green, pink or blue, all shiny.

The iTunes Music Store
Build a collection of music on your iPod mini with songs downloaded from the iTunes Music Store. Choose from more than one million songs and more than 8,000 audiobooks, any of which you can preview and buy with just one click. The iTunes Music Store stays open 24/7 — right on your Mac or Windows PC. Within a minute of finding a song you like, you can own it. You can make unlimited playlists, burn individual songs to CD as many times as you'd like, and take all your music with you wherever you and your iPod mini rove.

Autosync your iPod mini with Mac and Windows
With iTunes 4.7 you can easily organize your music on your Mac or Windows PC and automatically transfer it to iPod mini. Whether you've imported your CD collection in MP3 format, bought music from the iTunes Music Store or created your own original compositions with GarageBand, you can take it all with you. Your iPod mini includes both a FireWire and a USB 2.0 cable for high-speed transfer from your Mac or PC. In fact, you can move an entire album from your computer to your iPod mini in seconds flat. With the industry's only true Auto-Sync, your iPod mini is always up to date, mirroring the latest changes you've made in iTunes. And if the collection on your computer is bigger than iPod mini, you can let iTunes automatically choose a selection of songs to fill it up.

Games, Calendar, Contacts & Notes
Behind the Click Wheel of your iPod mini await even more features. The world's best digital music player lets you listen to your music as you fall asleep, and it'll wake you up with music or an alarm. You can store a copy of your contacts, calendar and to-do lists on your iPod mini. Or keep anything from restaurant reviews to nightlife guides to news articles to exercise routines — right at your fingertips. iPod mini also includes four fun games you can play anywhere, a feature you're sure to appreciate the next time you're standing in line or waiting for someone. You can even play your music as the soundtrack to the games— Music Quiz, Solitaire, Brick and Parachute.

Books on iPod mini
The iTunes Music Store features more than 8,000 audiobooks. Listen to Madonna narrate "The English Roses" or laugh at Steve Martin. Learn how Bilbo found the ring in J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit"or let "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown keep you spellbound. The iTunes Music Store spans the spectrum from the "Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" to Terry Gross's latest episode of "Fresh Air." With audiobooks on your iPod mini, you can while away your commute commercial-free. iPod mini will even place a bookmark where you pause, ready to pick up where you left off.

iPod mini Features
Keep up to 1,000 songs in your pocket
Use iPod mini with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP
Take it everywhere — it's only 3.6 ounces
Find songs fast with the Apple Click Wheel
Enjoy up to 8 hours of battery life(2)
Play MP3, AAC and Apple Lossless
Jog without fear — 25 minutes of skip protection
Enjoy seamless integration with iTunes
Sync and charge via included FireWire or USB 2.0 cables
Use as a portable hard drive — take your files with you
Remind yourself with Text Notes
Play games on-the-go
Stay organized with contacts/calendars/to-do lists
Choose from hundreds of cool accessories designed just for iPod mini
Yea! Finally, done! I like this iPod the best because it has different colors, it is one seamless adonized alluminum shell, and it is smaller than the rest of the iPods. I have a blue one. The only one I have never seen is the orange one.

Link To 20/40 gig iPod thread
Link To iPod Photo thread
Link To U2 iPod thread

Author:   thenecronwolf
Date:   Jun 08, 05 at 4:05am (PST)
Subject:   re: All You Ever Wanted To Know About The iPod mini
the gold one got sold out

Author:   ILT2M
Date:   Jul 15, 05 at 4:00pm (PST)
There is a gold one??

Date:   Sep 20, 05 at 3:53pm (PST)
Not anymore. The iPod mini has been discontinued as of the Sept release of the nano. RIP mini.

Author:   anluan04
Date:   Sep 20, 05 at 7:56pm (PST)

Just like that, all us mini owners become old-fashioned. Ah well, I personally won't even think about replacing my mini with a nano. Don't think i'd ever use it for photos and a colour screen doesn't make the music sound better as far as I know.

Date:   Sep 20, 05 at 8:35pm (PST)
Nah not really, I am getting a Nano and I haven't had my 4gig Mini for a year yet. I want the smaller size and color screen. It's not like they are old fashioned though.

Author:   nick_989
Date:   Oct 15, 05 at 5:17pm (PST)
where do i send my ipod when it is broken. i have my warranty still i just bought it a few months ago and i have no idea where to send it. I have been trying to find it for a week and i cant find it.

Author:   pac4ever
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 11:31am (PST)
I just contacted the store where I got it from, and they sent it to apple for me.

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Jan 18, 06 at 10:05pm (PST)
I know this is kind of off-topic but, I seem to remember that someone made one of these threads on the Nano a few months ago, and I was wondering if anyone has the link to it? Thanks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.