Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: So, who else is on iOS7? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1880371-so-who-else-on-ios7/

Author:   tommex
Date:   Jul 05, 13 at 4:34am (PST)
Subject:   So, who else is on iOS7?
-------------------------------------------
And what do you think of it? I'm running beta 2 at the moment and aside from a couple of soft reboots (hey, it's a beta) I'm loving it!

The new keyboard is gorgeous, apps open and close seamlessly. Everything looks great.

Any thoughts?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jul 05, 13 at 2:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: So, who else is on iOS7?
The Beta 2 is much more stable and smooth than the first one. I'm running it in an iPod Touch and I'm really happy with it.

It still feels clunky and not-to-smooth with animations, but it's a hell of an improvement over the first beta.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Jul 10, 13 at 1:33pm (PST)
How can I try out the beta? I know beta 3 is out, but I want to figure out how to get this on my phone. I'm sort of excited for iOS 7, and would love to try this out. Anybody help? tommex

Author:   tommex
Date:   Jul 10, 13 at 1:35pm (PST)
You'd have to have an Apple developer's account, or know someone how has one. Then you need to register your UDID with Apple and you're good to go, once you have the update. After that, it's just a manual update via iTunes.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Jul 10, 13 at 2:20pm (PST)
Darn, alright. Thanks for letting me know.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jul 10, 13 at 5:04pm (PST)
I updated to Beta 3 on Monday and it seems to be running alot better. I would never put it on my live device but I have an iPhone 4 that I don't use for testing purposes. Really interesting change and I want to see it once the GM is released.

Author:   Dragonfist
Date:   Aug 06, 13 at 7:43pm (PST)
tommex lod-squa Are you guys paying for your developer's account? When I tried to sign up, it told me it costs $99 a year. What's up with that? I'm on an iPod touch 5 and want to use iOS7.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Aug 06, 13 at 9:02pm (PST)
You need to be a registered developer to use the Betas ("legally"), but there are ways to get around that. Can't help you with that though as I do it the "legit" way.

Date:   Aug 07, 13 at 4:59am (PST)
You'll have to google it Dragonfist. I used a method to bypass only so I could test the beta and see if I liked it. But I won't explain how to do it here, as Arietta said you can only do it "legally" with a developer account.

Author:   Dragonfist
Date:   Aug 09, 13 at 12:47am (PST)
Well, my friend and I figured it out. Really liking the new interface, especially on the music app!

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Aug 19, 13 at 7:49am (PST)
So, for anyone interested, you can try iOS 7 now without needed a developer account or registering your UDID. You just need to download the IPSW for the iDevice you have, and then update through iTunes.

Doing this now, actually. Excited to try iOS 7.

Date:   Aug 19, 13 at 3:44pm (PST)
I wouldn't recommend doing the above suggestion as the beta is meant to be used by developers only and you could encounter many issues + violate their TOS.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.