Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Problems with Wi-Fi at work with iOS6? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1804247-problems-with-wi-fi-at-work-with-ios6/

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Dec 11, 12 at 8:45pm (PST)
Subject:   Problems with Wi-Fi at work with iOS6?
-------------------------------------------
I went past 50% of my data allowance already for the month. Really can't afford to up the data either. A big part of that is because I can't get on Wi-Fi at work anymore, seems like it started since I updated to iOS 6.

Actually, let me correct that. I can connect, just some things work and some don't. Very rarely will Spotify work, or Facebook. However, other apps that require data will work. Tonight, Spotify worked fine, and so did Facebook. Instagram didn't, as well as some other apps. My friend has the new iPod with iOS 6, and hers connects and works fine. People who have Android can connect find. Also, my iPhone has no problem with connecting to my connection at home.

Any ideas on what it could be? I did reset the data settings the other day, and the phone re-booted itself and all that good stuff, didn't appear to do anything though.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Dec 11, 12 at 9:00pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Problems with Wi-Fi at work with iOS6?
Have you updated to 6.0.1? I know there was an isolated problem when it came to wifi and not working correctly(thinking you were on cellular and messing up).

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Dec 11, 12 at 9:15pm (PST)
Yup, updated the day it came out. Running 6.0.1 (build 10A523)

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 12:22pm (PST)
I have a similar problem only I can't connect to my router at home, but seem to be able to anywhere else. Definitely worked fine before iOS6, never had problems. Don't know if it might be a dynamic IP issue but it sounds like an iOS issue.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 1:45pm (PST)
I had problems connecting to my Guest Network at home whenever I needed to use it, and it would always fail to connect the first time, I had to do two attempts to connect to it all the time. So, what ended up fixing the issue was going into the Wi-Fi settings, selection the network I was having issues with and click on the "Forget this Network" so it could erase any settings of it.

I'd then scan for it, connect it, and never had the problem ever again. Try that out first, if that fails, then get a fresh download of iOS 6.0.1 for you corresponding iPhone, restore the phone (backup your phone first though), but in iTunes start the phone as New instead of restoring from a back-up. Use it as normal and see if the issue replicates itself. If it does, there's either something wrong with the router or your iPhone may have a hardware issue and needs a replacement.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Dec 15, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
i have determined that my issue happens consistently when i use the new Google designed YouTube app. it did not happen before with the superior Apple designed YT app back before Apple and Google got in their little pissing contest. wifi will often work fine until i try to watch a video, at which point it switches to 3G and stays there. i will try forgetting the network and go back into YT.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.