Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: As a first time LTE user, dang it's fast - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1802541-as-first-time-lte-user-dang-fast/

Author:   tommex
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 12:38pm (PST)
Subject:   As a first time LTE user, dang it's fast
-------------------------------------------
LTE is relatively new in the U.K and I'm only now just getting a taste of it. You Americans and Canadians are lucky sons of guns indeed!

Anyone else in the U.K getting some LTE goodness?

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 12:44pm (PST)
Subject:   re: As a first time LTE user, dang it's fast
Yeah it is fast, but the only time you'll see the full benefit is when you're loading videos or e-mail with high res pictures. For normally browsing the internet, it's usually the same as 3G in my opinion.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 3:59pm (PST)
It's a bit more of a battery killer too. Now-a-days, everyone has free wi-fi, even at work. So it's pretty rare for me to be on a data connection anyway.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 9:27pm (PST)
I get my phone to last around 2 1/2 days on a full charge. I don't know if I am lucky or what. =\

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 8:23pm (PST)
I'm a first time data user with my iPhone 5, and damn its fast.
Too bad battery life is absolutely abysmal though, my old slider LG used to last around three to four days on a single charge, now I'm getting an average of 8 hours out of it.
LOD-squa I don't know how you are managing to get 2.5 days out of it, you must not do anything with the phone at all haha.
I downloaded the Carat app to track what apps might be killing my battery, it also takes your uptime and compares it against similar devices, and I'm already at 80% more battery life than most iPhone 5 users with an average battery life of just under 8 hours.

Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 8:38pm (PST)
I text my wife all the time. Hell even when I was in Hawaii(constantly going on and off LTE) I was still getting good battery time. I mean, I text most of the time(a lot my phone is constantly vibrating and I go through a crap ton of texts a month), and I search the web pretty often. Randomly doing LTE tests here and there. This is the most recent image that I have with my uptime:

That was back in October bob8294.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 10:34pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
I get my phone to last around 2 1/2 days on a full charge. I don't know if I am lucky or what. =\
You're just a magician. I have trouble keeping my phone alive more than 16 hours sometimes even with it staying on standby mode... and that's without LTE!

Date:   Dec 10, 12 at 2:24pm (PST)
LOD-squa I agree, you must be a magician, or not play games at all. The most life I've gotten so far is 11 hours of usage out of a charge, most of that was with music and texting. On a iPhone 5 related note, has anyone managed to get WiFi sync working on their device?

Date:   Dec 10, 12 at 4:02pm (PST)
Lol. I usually get around 2 to 2 1/2 days in charge. I hate charging my phone every day.

I have been using WiFi Sync since the iPhone 4(iOS 5) you just gotta plug it in and tick the little box before you can start using it bob8294.

Date:   Dec 10, 12 at 6:40pm (PST)
I have that done, but as soon as I try to sync anything over to my phone it dissapears from iTunes and fails to come back again until I restart my computer.
Agreed, I can't get used to charging my phone everyday, it's worse that I can't even put it on my dock since they changed the connector.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Dec 10, 12 at 9:34pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Lol. I usually get around 2 to 2 1/2 days in charge. I hate charging my phone every day.

I have been using WiFi Sync since the iPhone 4(iOS 5) you just gotta plug it in and tick the little box before you can start using it bob8294.
I haven't really bothered to try to do that.

Lol! I see someone has finally decided to join the bandwagon in having Santa hats on their avatars...

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 11, 12 at 6:53am (PST)
quote Avalith
quote LOD-squa
You're just a magician. I have trouble keeping my phone alive more than 16 hours sometimes even with it staying on standby mode... and that's without LTE!
The iPhone 5's LTE radio chip is a lot more energy efficient than it's 3G counterpart. This is also an issue with me, because at work, I only get AT&T's HSPA+ network and so my battery life is pretty similar to my iPhone 4/4S, but lasts a little bit longer.

However, on the weekends, when I am surround by pure LTE, I don't need to charge it at all till Sunday night. So, it's not magic, you just need to be fortunate enough to live in an LTE area at all times.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.