Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPad Mini coming in November, features 7.9 inch screen and 10 hour battery life - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1780792-ipad-mini-coming-in-november-features-7-9-inch-screen-10-hour-battery-life/2.htm

Author:   KainDog
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 8:55am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPad Mini coming in November, features 7.9 inch screen and 10 hour battery life
-------------------------------------------
Why make an iPad mini, when you could have an iPod BIGGIE? Seems as a better marketing tool to me.
But anyways, I can see that apple making a tablet smaller than the iPad good.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 11:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPad Mini coming in November, features 7.9 inch screen and 10 hour battery life
jkoftekian I hope your not comparing the Nexus 7 to the new Note 10.1 series...one is strictly a tablet while the other is more focused on drawing and comes with an awesome stylus. They both came out around the same time though so I guess the comparison is somewhat valid.

Author:   jkoftekian
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 12:07pm (PST)
Nagare actually i was..haha theyre both tablets except the samsung device is leaning toward school/work productivity apps and services. Its kinda a cool addition to the Note 10.1 but still virtually the same device..so idk haha

Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 12:57pm (PST)
Haha, I figured but I think they're in different product leagues, much more so than the iPad mini and iPad at least.

Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 1:27pm (PST)
Yeah thats true Nagare
Im excited to see what samsung does in the next few years as well as nexus. I havent been very impressed with apple. After the invention of the iphone, they havent done anything innovative or notable.

Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 1:40pm (PST)
jkoftekian I'm more excited to see how Motorola designs change and what HTC will do with what they have to get back on top of Android.

Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 6:15pm (PST)
quote Nagare
jkoftekian I'm more excited to see how Motorola designs change and what HTC will do with what they have to get back on top of Android.
funny you should mention htc and motorola (i have had both and loved them). But i have a bionic and finally got the ICS update last night. Im kinda pissed cuz its got a lot of lag and force closing. Its obvious they rushed it to shut us up..i used yo believe motorola would be the king of the android world, but now im seeing Samsung take a lead. Id like to see htc take a shot at the lead of the android world.

I look at all of apple's "innovations" but dont really see anything special after the original iphone. That was a great idea that started a major trend
But now with the android world spreading like wildfire, these mini tablets arent really anything more than smaller, less capable devices.

Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 6:28pm (PST)
jkoftekian, I really don't understand how the Bionic could be performing that bad. It was one of the first dual core, QHD phones with 1GB of RAM. I know their newer phones, like the updated Razr, are great performers though and we're starting to get hints of what Google is trying to do with Motorola. It'll take some time to see the true effect of their purcahse.

Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 6:34pm (PST)
quote Nagare
jkoftekian, I really don't understand how the Bionic could be performing that bad. It was one of the first dual core, QHD phones with 1GB of RAM. I know their newer phones, like the updated Razr, are great performers though and we're starting to get hints of what Google is trying to do with Motorola. It'll take some time to see the true effect of their purcahse.
dont get me wrong, up until last night, it easily outperformed any device my friends tried to flaunt. But this new ics update is flawed and sluggish..its frustrating me so much.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 7:07pm (PST)
Call me when they make one the size of a small house so I can play hockey on the hockey games.

Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 7:35pm (PST)
Axe, sounds more like a future version of Kinect...

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Oct 25, 12 at 3:02pm (PST)
I'll be buying it although I am a little disappointed that there's no retina screen. Never owned a tablet but the closest thing I've owned to one is a galaxy S3 which is why I wont be getting a Nexus tablet

It seems to be the perfect size. Not too big like the Ipad but not too small like the Ipod Touch

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Oct 26, 12 at 4:31pm (PST)
I know this is off topic now, but the Nexus 7 is one of the highest spec'd 7" Android tablets. While it is only 1.3GHz, it is a Quad Core Tegra 3, which is far better than the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" which uses only a 1GHz Dual Core CPU. Off the top of my head the area where the Nexus 7.

Just off the top of my head, the areas where the Nexus 7 dominates against other Android tablets of the same size:

quote smarti3
I'll be buying it although I am a little disappointed that there's no retina screen. Never owned a tablet but the closest thing I've owned to one is a galaxy S3 which is why I wont be getting a Nexus tablet

It seems to be the perfect size. Not too big like the Ipad but not too small like the Ipod Touch
I agree with all points. The 7.9" is a good size, I find the regular iPad to be monstrous. The 1024x768 resolution is a real disappointment, otherwise even having the option of having a smaller iPad is already great for those who want the form factor.

Author:   Jath
Date:   Oct 31, 12 at 10:26am (PST)
Subject:   iPad Mini coming in November, features 7.9 inch screen and 10 hour battery life
I have an Ipad and an Iphone but I have to say this, Apple products are overpriced. The Google Nexus 7 outperforms the mini Ipad anytime (Personally tested vs Ipad2) Anyway, Nexus 7 is also available at 32gb now.
I am not here to promote nexus 7, but merely introducing an option.

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 1:49pm (PST)
I'm typing this from my IPad mini

Feels really good so far, never owned an IPad before. You can type the same way as you type on a phone with each hand either side and using your thumbs. I've found two bugs so far, one with Netflix and one with the App Store. I'm not sure if its the Mini or the App Store in general but scrolling on the App Store seems really glitchy

Not played any games on it yet but really pleased with it so far

Feel free to ask me questions if you have any

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.