Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dead Pixel... - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1768663-dead-pixel/

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 9:51am (PST)
Subject:   Dead Pixel...
-------------------------------------------
Well, I have an iPhone 5 and after a day of messing around with it or so, I noticed something on my screen. There's a little dead/black pixel just sitting there. I've only had my iPhone for 3 days and wondering if there's any possible way to fix it. It's getting to bug me a lot now? So, solutions anyone?

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 10:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: Dead Pixel...
You can see if you can take it back and exchange it for a different one, but I'm not sure if they will if its only one pixel. Would be worth a shot, especially if you're really persistent about it.

You could also see if there is a dead pixel fixer app in the app store. You just need something that will flash a lot of different colors really fast on the screen as that sometimes gets then 'unstuck'.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 10:18am (PST)
Take it into an Apple Store and let them know, usually at the start of a new product cycle they will quickly replace any defective products so that they can figure out manufacturing defects and keep the brand reputation up.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:41am (PST)
quote Nagare
Take it into an Apple Store and let them know, usually at the start of a new product cycle they will quickly replace any defective products so that they can figure out manufacturing defects and keep the brand reputation up.
See, that's sort of the problem, there isn't an Apple store located near me and the closest one is probably around 100 miles away. Would sending it to AT&T be ok? That's pretty much my provider.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:04pm (PST)
Pokenerd15, AT&T doesn't take care of anything related to the iPhone really. They just sell it and tell you to take it to Apple for any damage and repair

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.