Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Zynga reportedly offering stock options to keep full-time staff from jumping ship - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1766038-zynga-reportedly-offering-stock-options-to-keep-full-time-staff-from-jumping-ship/

Author:   leochan
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 11:48am (PST)
Subject:   Zynga reportedly offering stock options to keep full-time staff from jumping ship
-------------------------------------------
[[news:20292]]

Author:   tekmosis
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 2:05pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Zynga reportedly offering stock options to keep full-time staff from jumping ship
The ship is sinking. There's too many holes. Try desperately to fill holes. Temporary solution.

Author:   skyrim_fanatic
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 3:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Zynga reportedly offering stock options to keep full-time staff from jumping ship
Excellent news indeed! Sorry Zynga, game over.

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 4:22pm (PST)
lol not really sure how this company has talent tbh. Yay though, they deserve whatever comes their way.

Author:   ShadowJ
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 5:31pm (PST)
Faith and Zynga are like oil and water...they don't mix.

I have yet to find one person within the population of 7 billion to have faith within Zynga but hey, karma's a bitch ain't she Pincus

Author:   oni_hero
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 7:13pm (PST)
Kinda sad to see so many people happy about the possibility of a large group of people becoming unemployed, but hey it's the internet. Sure, the company has an underhanded and sometimes annoying buisness model, and sure they steal a lot of ideas..... But the employee's are still people, and losing your source of income is rough. Side note, I am not talking about the high up employees, I mean the average employee living paycheck to paycheck in the underworks.

People are too quick to look at these companies as giant entities that are nothing but monsters or rich fat cats, but they do employee average people who will be *bleep*ed if the company goes under, and the fact that that makes some of you happy is kind of disturbing.

Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 12:26pm (PST)
quote oni_hero
Kinda sad to see so many people happy about the possibility of a large group of people becoming unemployed, but hey it's the internet. .
So you would be sad if a thief is caught and sentenced to jail? Get over yourself

Sure it's sad that the employees have to lose their jobs because of moronic executives but how long has Zynga been around? How long have they simply stolen (not been inspired by but literally stolen) from others to make millions and gotten away with it? I'll give you a clue, the whole company has been built from stealing from smaller companies and anyone with a brain can see that...those employees knew what they were getting into and now the ship is sinking.

Also it's not what you know but who you know....those employees will have contacts around the games industry, like 38 studios those employees will snap up jobs instantly, along with being bundled with their knowledge and experience that will help them further. The only guys that will have difficulty getting jobs after the downfall of Zynga are the decision makers that led to the downfall of Zynga

In short: Employees will get *bleep*ed no matter if the company is the best in the world or the worst in the world because they cannot control what their employers decide or do. Zynga have been on a downhill slope for years and if you noticed John Schappert resigned after 2 years of being with the company because Zynga stripped him of his responsibilities...the fact Zynga are offering stocks to employees as an incentive to stay shows you that there is no loyalty between the employees and employers any more...in other words, the ship is sinking and everyone is running for the lifeboats

Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 7:05pm (PST)
Mystic Aurora I get all of that, but at the same time you have to look at it at a personable level. Dislike the company, dislike the fat cats, hell dislike the programmers for all I care. I mean the people that work around the offices. Mail clerks, desk clerks, those sorts of average working people, not the ones who went to school for their profession. I highly doubt the person answering the phone for the front office agrees or even gives a *bleep* about the companies activities.

ShadowJ Sorry, stopped reading your comment after the "Get over yourself Comment" Sorry to have a concious, forgot those aren't allowed on the internet. It's hardly the same as a thief being caught and being sent to jail, but lets go ahead and see about that.... If a thief was stealing to feed his family, as in food for his family, and he was caught and sent to jail, yeah, I would be upset and feel bad for the person. Again, I didn't mean the big guys or even the medium level employees, they will all easily find jobs. I meant the grunts working in the pits who searched for a job for years, then get handed a low level job with no real say in the company, not the people responsible for the stealing of ideas and what not.

The simple fact is hate the company all you want, but showing joy that a large group of people is about to be without a job and some of those people therefor being without a source of income is just kind of disgusting. That's just me though.

Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 7:34pm (PST)
oni_hero ok so in that case...you and everyone else should put your hate away when it comes to EA because at the end of the day they are a business out to make money in order to provide wages and jobs for those that are working to feed their family.

You seem to think that everyone is showing joy that employees "may" lose jobs (After all we do not know for certain that things are going to end up like 38 Studios where hundreds are just suddenly stranded) instead at this very moment they are on a sinking ship with the choice of "Go down with the ship or bail right now and salvage what they have"

Considering that I lost my job due to bankruptcy and not my own doing...I think I have more right than anyone in these comments considering I have actually been in the gaming industry but due to silly mistakes from the community management agency, myself and 5 others were stranded without jobs...for me I was stranded without a job, the apartment was paid by the agency, so I would have lost that too and more importantly I was in Germany...1 hour and 45 minutes away on a plane from the country I was born in.

The funny thing is, you claim it's disgusting to think of people being joyful about those without a source of income...have you ever once cared to ask about my own predicament? Of course not, you didn't know...how could you, you've never asked or had any inclination to my private life or the fact I am currently unemployed due to an unfortunate mistake by my previous employer

It's amazing what you find out when you aren't busy claiming that everyone is soulless and heartless because Zynga's finally getting their just desserts regardless of whether or not employees are to blame or get caught in the crossfire

So don't give me crap when it comes to "feeling" anything when it comes to employees losing jobs. I know from first hand experience, I sympathise with them, I really do but considering this isn't a "one" time thing and the fact that Zynga's always in the media because their games are exact rip-offs of others then I cannot show anything but pity...noit joy...in fact to sum up how I feel...I feel joy that Zynga's tyranny might finally be over but I feel sorry for those caught in the middle

Furthermore, you seemed to have mixed up "employees" with the "company"...yes they work there but a company is an entire entity, the company is one whole thing that the people that work there stand for. In other words, you do not have to agree with the company but by signing a contract to work for them...you agree to uphold their image and what they stand for...it's unfortunate for those that were employed by Zynga but surely when you are ripping off smaller companies' games, your moral compass goes "hang on a minute"

My point...cry out to people as much as you want calling them heartless for not thinking of the employees but Zynga set out on this path years ago...hell they could have continued for years but they got greedy...they lashed out against a company that has no issues with taking people to court

Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 9:27pm (PST)
ShadowJ you seem to be confusing my comments with personal attacks, which is confusing as I never once said anything about your own position money or job wise. Not sure how that makes it more or less right for you to comment or call out the company, seeing as unless you used to or currently work for Zynga it is a completely different beast. Trust me though, a lot of people, including myself have been there. I wasn't personally insulting anyone, and I sure as hell wasn't defending the company or their policies. What gets me is you seem to confuse this article with the current problems they are having with EA. That lawsuit is its own beast, Zynga was in financial trouble long before that.

You seem to just assume that just because someone works for a company means they stand for the companies decisions. How about you tell that to the employees at the chick-fil-a chains who are homosexual. I'm sure they are completely ok with the companies anti- gay marriage stance, and I am sure they were fine with serving all of the people that supported it when they had that support day where they topped record sales. You're right, a company is an entity and all the employees automatically must therefor agree with EVERYTHING that company does. Just like I am sure all of the conservative christians that work for general mills really agree with the pro gay marriage stance.

I used to work for a small chain Family Dollar store in a neighbor hood that was mostly the down on their luck unemployed disabled folk of the city. You know, one of those "bad neighborhoods". See the customers that shopped with us had little to no way of transportation, so what did the company do? Jacked up prices on essential items like bread, milk, toilet paper, and other things. Why? Because they knew a lot of people in that area couldn't get across town or anywhere else to get the things they needed. I sure as hell didn't agree with that, but I kept working there because It was a paying job.

Agreeing to work for a company doesn't make you instantly part of the hive mind, you don't instantly give up all human rights and just have to stand for and uphold that image. You have to live with it sure, but that doesn't mean you have to go "See that, that is what I am all about!" Which I feel a lot of the employees in a lot of companies must feel in this day and age.

Why you seem to have taken my comments so damn personally is beyond me. My first comment was simply my view on the comments before me, and the comments I have seen around the internet, and about how those comments made me feel, then you come along and seem to think I was trying to attack you somehow with the first comment or two. What gets me is we are both on the same page as to my point, my whole point was I felt it was disgusting that people were overjoyed to see employees losing their jobs, the employees that are caught in the middle of Zynga and it's policies, the employees who had no say in the games they made or the games they stole from. The ones that simply worked their to get by.

The part that really, really got me was that you seemed to think that my disgust for people being happy about someone losing their job was also a complete and utter refusal to actually think or care about anyone that was or is currently unemployeed. What gets me is that you know how much that sucks, yet you don't seem to get what I am trying to say. I was unemployeed for over 3 years before I found a job, and then lost it due to a lack of income due to cut hours after a year. I was then unemployeed for another 2 years until I found my current job. My utter disgust for anyone who is joyed for the lose of these people's jobs comes from personal history, not some over inflated ego or need to get on a high horse and talk down to people. So before you blow up on someone make sure you aren't in the exact same state of mind they are.

Damn I just wrote a *bleep*ing essay lol.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.