Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: It's an iPhone 5, Guys. - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1759755-an-iphone-5-guys/5.htm

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 8:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: It's an iPhone 5, Guys.
-------------------------------------------
I'm sharing that with my people.
Thanks a bunch LOD-Squa.

Oh by the way, I was discussing high internet speeds with a group dedicated to get better internet for my people, and I showed your picture, and apparently they will use your screenshot to show how far behind we are from the world. I hope you don't mind.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 8:59pm (PST)
That's fine Saga! Perfectly acceptable. I was also messing with panorama:

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 11:42am (PST)
LOD-Squa (or anyone who already has their i5), I have a, uhm, rather weird question.

Can you stash more than 12 apps in a folder? I'm asking this because I tend to think a bigger screen implies more space for icons not only SpringBoard, but in folders too.

Also, there's a slight chance I will get mine on Thursday , so I'm kinda exited!

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 12:00pm (PST)
Hey Saga - You can have 16 in folders now, basically one extra row just like how it is with the new home screen.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 12:01pm (PST)
Sounds wonderful. Thanks LOD!

Author:   Bri
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:28pm (PST)
I might buy an unlocked one when they hit the Apple store next month. It's $650 so it'll be a steep buy but I'll be going prepaid with a cheaper plan to recoup. I can't stand contracts.

Anyone have any scratch trouble, on that note? I don't want to have to treat it as a glass vase or something.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:44pm (PST)
The back on the black ones scratches easily, I have literally had mine inside of the case since I got it(except for like an hour or two) and I got some stains on the back.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 2:10pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
The back on the black ones scratches easily, I have literally had mine inside of the case since I got it(except for like an hour or two) and I got some stains on the back.
Wonderful. The black one is by far the better looking one IMO, it just had to be that color

Apple's response is that it's "normal." Uh-huh.

Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 4:49pm (PST)
Subject:   It's an iPhone 5, Guys.
Does anyone know if they are selling unlocked phones in the USA yet? I can't find the full prices on Apple's website, but I have found the news that says Apple announced the full price.

A cousin of mine lives in Arizona, and I can ask her to send me one. But for that, they have first to be available so...

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 6:23pm (PST)
Saga, I just checked the site and it doesn't seem to allow for unlocked phones to be purchased. I read before that Verizon's model is unlocked and I'm pretty sure that has a SIM slot as well...

Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 6:39pm (PST)
Can you tell me where you read that? My cousin is not exactly technologically inclined so I need to tell her exactly what to buy. I always thought Verizon only had CDMA phones...

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 7:15pm (PST)
Saga, their 3G network is CDMA, but they have "world phones" every once in a while that have a SIM card slot as well. The iPhone 5 is one of those phones and still has it's micro-sim slot.

This is the first article I found when I searched for it and they reportedly have no plans to lock it.

Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 7:16pm (PST)
quote Saga
Can you tell me where you read that? My cousin is not exactly technologically inclined so I need to tell her exactly what to buy. I always thought Verizon only had CDMA phones...
This should do.

From what I understand Verizon's model will work on the AT&T network, but will not be LTE-friendly on AT&T.

And I have been keeping tabs...I've been waiting for the Apple store to carry the unlocked GSM iPhone 5, but due to shortage, nothing's in stock. Also, a friend of mine bought the AT&T iPhone 5 from the Apple store at full price, no contract, then bought an unlock on eBay and it's good. The stores in my area will not allow a purchase without a contract, so YMMV, plus they pull your credit as IF you're signing a contract. Eww.

Truthfully...I'd wait for the unlocked version to hit the store if you are still unsure.

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 2:06pm (PST)
Thanks for the help guys.
I'm happy to say that I have FINALLY gotten mine. It's really nice! Aesthetically better than the iPhone 4(S), the bigger screen is beautiful, and even how lighter it is! I just need some apps to populate my main screens because I have some extra icon space.

Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 4:02pm (PST)
Okay, so I have had it for exactly 10 days, and my battery life is awful. Could it have something to do with LTE/4G?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.