Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: It's an iPhone 5, Guys. - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1759755-an-iphone-5-guys/3.htm

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 7:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: It's an iPhone 5, Guys.
-------------------------------------------
The thing actually smells? Haha.
Thanks LOD-squa. This is reassuring and it looks like we may get iPhone 5's down here after all.

This message was edited on 2012-09-18T08:48:19-07:00.

Author:   JessySeeker
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 1:52am (PST)
I have the 4 which I bought from a local online store here in Malaysia. I will definitely make the upgrade this time because I "intentionally" miss the 4S. I like the iOS experience so feature comparisons can't really stop me from upgrading.

Anyway, just wondering if the 5 is enough to switch Android users.

Author:   tommex
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
Well, my preorder will be getting delivered Friday. Hopefully.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 7:41pm (PST)
quote tommex
Well, my preorder will be getting delivered Friday. Hopefully.
Have you confirmed your shipping date through UPS like everyone else has? It seems to be legit, even the fact that I have two packages going to the address.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
How are y'all able to get the iPhone every year that they get a new one? Do you just buy them without 2 year activation or 1.5 year activation? That's going to be about $600 dollars or something (especially if you are like me and get the 64GB version, I have a shitload of songs).

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 8:52pm (PST)
I save and try to earn money in many ways. Usually I sell the old iPhone to get the new one, but this time it won't be possible to do that because I will need two devices to test because of the screen size.

iPhones here are much more expensive here. When I received an iPhone 4 for my birthday, I saw the paper that marked 1000$ on it. 1000$ for a 64 GB iPhone is a lot.

But I can save. There's cultural reasons that help me to do this (it's common for college students to live with their parents until they graduate ), so I don't have to buy food, and I help my grandpa with stuff so I can save money quite easily.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 11:19am (PST)
I don't know if you guys have seen this but:

Freaking hilarious.

Roy - I usually wait 2 years before I upgrade, the one that comes out in between isn't worth it most of the time so I avoid it. I skipped the 3GS and I skipped the 4S. Usually the major revisions are done every 2 years, really. That's the trend they have established.

Saga tommex

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
Well I have the iPhone 4S only because I didn't upgrade when I got the 3GS, so I skipped the iPhone 4, and went to get the 4S last year. I will get iPhone 5 in 2013 probably May or April. AT&T lets you upgrade every year and a half.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)
It lets you upgrade every year and a half, but you're still tacking on those 6 months to your next contract. not worth it to do it if you aren't sure if you want to stick around for another 2 1/2 years.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 5:16pm (PST)
I have to. I am on a family plan. I really want Verizon, but not if they aren't going to give me unlimited data. I got grandfathered in with AT&T and I still have unlimited data.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 7:50pm (PST)
Go to Sprint then? Seems like they are they only supplying unlimited everything, even though I honestly don't think it'll last long.

Saga - Tomorrow is the big day.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 8:01pm (PST)
T-Mobile does too, but they don't have the iPhone. It's $89.99 a month for unlimited everything. I wonder if AT&T and Verizon will ever catch on with those two. We can only hope.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 8:31pm (PST)
LOD-Squa Yeah! Don't forget to keep me updated please!

PS: Haven't watched that video yet because my computer sucks. Will try to do it soon.

Author:   sara08
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 2:45am (PST)
not very much impressed with this new iPhone

Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 9:35am (PST)
I will keep you updated with the sense that I am waiting for UPS to get here, Saga. Little bastards take too long.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.