Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: It's an iPhone 5, Guys. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1759755-an-iphone-5-guys/

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 10:58am (PST)
Subject:   It's an iPhone 5, Guys.
-------------------------------------------
Not sure how many of you are following live feeds of today's event but Apple has unveiled a new iPhone. Finally an iPhone 5.

It's features in a nutshell:

- Taller screen - Actually the whole device looks like the leaks that have been popping up since last month.
- A6 chip.
- 3 mics: Top, bottom, and back - To improve "voice recognition". <- Interesting.
- New connector called Lightning (Buh-bye 30-Pin dock!).
- iOS 6 ofc.
- LTE.
- Wideband Audio (but carriers have to support it).
- 8 Megapixels Back camera.
- The front camera can record 720p videos now.

Currently watching the feeds but feel free to discuss.

Author:   Enhance
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 2:42pm (PST)
Subject:   re: It's an iPhone 5, Guys.
Not very impressed really. Nothing that we haven't already seen on Android headsets that have been coming out for the last year now.

Very disappointed in the lack of NFC. The iPhone not having it will hurt its acceptance as the new payment method.

Camera looks good but not leaps and bounds over the 4S. Do like the crystal change they made to make it stronger though.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 6:57am (PST)
Hell, LTE and the taller screen are enough to make me interested. LTE should have been available with the 4S, only reason why I decided not to get it. Didn't like the idea of Siri, and the iPhone 4 was a bit cheaper. But overall, like Enhance said, not too overly impressed. I'm more impressed (and really looking forward to) iOS 6. I have an upgrade early next year, so thankfully I'll be able to use it for the new iPhone.

Turn-by-turn voice navigation being added to the Maps app, Facebook integration throughout iOS (integration with contacts is the best part; no longer going to need a third-party contacts app), and the new features to the Mail, Camera, and Phone are very welcomed.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 12:28am (PST)
I just pre-ordered one for me, and one for my fiance. Now we play the waiting game. This was the best launch to date, no crashes on the website early on.

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 8:39am (PST)
Admittely I want one.
The problem is the Nano SIM. None of the companies have Micro SIMs (they manually cut the normal ones), let alone Nano SIMs.

Does anyone have any details on the Nano SIM? I'm mostly interested in knowing if it's just a smaller SIM or if it has a whole different "System", to see if we can just cut smaller SIMs or if I won't get an iPhone 5 in a long time.

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 4:18pm (PST)
I haven't seen any details on it, Saga. We will have to wait and see until the phone actually make it to our hands. I can't wait for the 21st.

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 4:21pm (PST)
LOD-squa just keep me updated on the Nano SIM pretty pleaaase?

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 4:30pm (PST)
I will, Saga. I already got charged for the phone so I am assuming they are planning on shipping the phones this weekend or monday. I didn't even know they had a new sim card type.

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 4:34pm (PST)
Sadly, they do. I really want to know if the new Nano SIM can just be a cut SIM or if it has an entirely different system. If it's the latter my country is not getting the iPhone 5 in a looong time. And that sucks because I really want an iPhone 5.

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 5:04pm (PST)
What I am planning on doing, Saga. When I get my phone I'm going to cut my sim down and see if it works before even activating the new sim card. That should really answer all the questions.

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 5:08pm (PST)
Woah woah, no need to sacrifice your stuff for that LOD .

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 7:43pm (PST)
Well, Saga. The old sim card gets deactivated the moment I activate the new phone so it doesn't really matter.

Author:   eithen
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 8:22pm (PST)
It looks good..

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 3:28am (PST)
Uhh, wish they could of at least put a better camera in it

I went from a 3GS to a Galaxy S3 2 months ago and much prefer IOS to Android.

It's pretty pointless going from an S3 to Iphone 5, dont ya think ? I do really want an Iphone though. I'm thinking of getting the 4S but will it feel like I'm going back in time ?

Had I of not got an S3 I would totally pick this up, this thing looks damn sexy. It's a shame the specs are pretty much equal to my current phone though

Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 9:06am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Well, Saga. The old sim card gets deactivated the moment I activate the new phone so it doesn't really matter.
Ah hahaha, in that case, go for it. You may be the guy who helped bring the iPhone to Bolivia.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.