Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Looking For A Diary App. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1752249-looking-for-diary-app/

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 11:08pm (PST)
Subject:   Looking For A Diary App.
-------------------------------------------
Please help me find a diary app! I have been using DayOne, which is really a beautiful app. It has nice features, it's simplistic, but it's buggy with its iCloud syncing and I almost lose a very important entry once. Not to mention, their support team is really, really poor (never got a reply by them even though I sent them an e-mail, and after waiting with no reply, a tweet), so I really want another diary app. I have also heard reports of people randomly losing entries and that is something I do NOT want to happen.

My ideal diary app has the following features: If you guys can help me with this, I will love you for forever.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 8:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: Looking For A Diary App.
Saga Try My Wonderful Days. It is/has:

1. Beautiful, nice layout to it, allows you to change your font (several to choose from) as well as font size.
2. Universal with any iDevice.
3. iCloud sync.
4. Passcode lock.
5. Multiple pictures (I uploaded two to a diary entry, but I'm sure you can do more).
6. Nifty little mood setting for each post you make.
7. Has a calendar, search function, and statistics for mood-settings on posts.
8. Wifi backup through e-mail.
9. Something to do with PDF files, printing out entries, etc. Didn't look too much into that.

There's a Lite version for free, and there's the paid version which is $1.99. I didn't look too much into it, so I don't know what the difference is, really. Lite version has no ads and appears to be fully-featured.

Author:   Dragskin
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 9:25am (PST)
+1 for you Wilhelm Ryan...

I'm using the lite version and yes, the app works better than other to-do/diary app.

Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 10:36am (PST)
Ah, it looks beautiful, it really does, but it doesn't look like there is a Mac version, which is really, really important for me.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
Day One is the only one that fits your criteria. There's no Diary App out there that is made for the Mac and it's iOS counterparts. The only one that I can think of is MaxJournal, but that's only for the iPad and Mac, they are making an iPhone version, but I don't know when or how long ago they announced that.

I personally use Day One to record some stuff here and there, but I've never encountered any problem with it's iCloud syncing. In fact, I prefer it over the DropBox syncing it provides, it's a lot faster and less buggy. I have a feeling that your issues may come from the Mac Version since at the moment I have been hearing it's a big buggy, but a new update was released not too long ago so it may have fixed those bugs.

Saga

Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 11:24am (PST)
ZL Oh hey, Carlos.

Yeah it really looks that way. I was looking yesterday for one but I couldn't find anything. MaxJournal, while it looks good, it has many 1-star and 2-star reviews, which worries me. I guess I will stick to DayOne and hope I don't experience loss of data like that, because that time I was lucky to be able to recover it, but one is not simply that lucky twice.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.