Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: So, convince me to get an iPad - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1746220-so-convince-to-get-an-ipad/

Author:   tommex
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 1:21pm (PST)
Subject:   So, convince me to get an iPad
-------------------------------------------
OK guys, I'll be honest. I may have an Android phone and moderate the Android forums here, but that doesn't make me an elitist fanboy.

I want a tablet, and I think I want an iPad. If I wanted a 7 inch tablet, you can bet it'd be the Nexus 7, but as it stands, it looks like the iPad is best in show in its category. Am I right?

Is there anything I should know about the iPad that will wow me into getting one?

Author:   Dragskin
Date:   Jul 17, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: So, convince me to get an iPad
Nexus 7 may have the latest android version.... but imo, if you are a gamer, iOS still the best for gaming...
i have Galaxy tab, which i only use for browsing...

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Jul 17, 12 at 9:03pm (PST)
I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between the tabs. I did have an iPad briefly, and the display was beautiful, and it's only gotten better with the new generation iPad. It really is better if you're a gamer, I'd say. I haven't owned an Android device since I got an iPhone about 7 months ago. The game selection, I think, is better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but iOS has certain ports that Android doesn't. GTA 3, a bunch of Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, and other Square games which look AMAZING on my iPhone, mind you. It would look 10x better on an iPad. Seriously, the cutscenes for Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL look AMAZING on my little iPhone.

Plus you can jailbreak it. Which, I'm sure you have a rooted Android device (probably?) so you know what to expect. Jailbreaking any iDevice makes it a million times better.

Author:   Dragskin
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 1:38am (PST)
it will be good to try both (im not saying you have to buy both) but if you have friends with iPad and Android Tablet, try using both and compare the difference yourself... it is really hard to make a comparison, particularly if you already have a preferred unit.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 9:58am (PST)
Simple enough, I've got one. Therefore it must be pretty decent I bought mine on the release night (didn't wait in line for hours though, it was an impulse buy a bit after midnight) of the iPad 2 and really enjoy it.

I just really use it as a consumption device in bed and classes and to share info with friends instead of carrying my laptop out. I also like to play board games with friends on it, like Risk and stuff.

Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 11:27am (PST)
I went for the iPad, I am now a hybrid.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 2:24pm (PST)
That's how it worked for me. I decided I wanted a tablet. Then I saw the Xoom in person and was massively disappointed. Was neutral until the moment the iPad 2 was available when I caved and bought it.

Did you order the 2 or the 3?

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 2:09pm (PST)
I decided to go for the 3, 32gb. The iPad 2 just didn't have the screen quality I wanted. Nothing did.

Author:   ryuxnina134
Date:   Jul 22, 12 at 8:04am (PST)
Did it live up to your expectations? Was thinking of getting an iPad 2. The screen quality won't bother me much. Just the size.

Author:   zx86
Date:   Aug 02, 12 at 5:26pm (PST)
I just order a Nexus 7. Should be coming tomorrow.

Author:   ryuxnina134
Date:   Aug 03, 12 at 3:31pm (PST)
quote zx86
I just order a Nexus 7. Should be coming tomorrow.
Really? Hard to believe. As far as I remember reading, the Nexus 7 has been delayed and out of stock for a while

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.