Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your first iPhone experience - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1740387-your-first-iphone-experience/

Author:   Ayriak
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 10:40pm (PST)
Subject:   Your first iPhone experience
-------------------------------------------
I remember when I was working in a store dealing heavily with mobile phone sales, and the announcement of the iPhone 3. There was a lot of hype surrounding this in the store I worked at, which I will admit to thinking was misguided at the time. I took a break from working in mobile phone sales for about six or so months, and when I got back into it, I found myself curious as to the success of the iPhone 3, and if it was deserving (I lived under a rock during the time away from mobile sales).

I tested out several of my co-workers' iPhones, but I still wasn't completely convinced that it was worth the $1,000+ investment. It wasn't until after a discussion with the owner, and the very valid points he made on the use and functionality of the iPhone 3, that I decided to take the chance and make the purchase. At first, I used my iPhone for little more than music, calls, texting and the occasional internet browsing, but over time it developed into a very useful tool, which made a lot of everyday tasks a lot easier to organise and deal with.

What was your first experience with an iPhone like? Did you have doubts or concerns in regards to how it would perform, or did you take the plunge and get your hands around an iPhone upon release?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jun 18, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Your first iPhone experience
-------------------------------------------
When the iPhone first came out, I wasn't even slightly interested on it. The first two iterations went through and I had no idea. The device just never really called my attention and at those times, I partially disliked Apple.
Then I took a trip to Chile with my cousin and his family. He owned an iPod Touch and that was the first time I got to experience iOS. We traveled land, so in the 6 hours we were in the bus, we kept playing games and I was amazed by the device. It did so much and provided so much entertainment, I immediately saw I wanted something similar. This was in 2008.

When we were in Chile, every night we would mess with the iDevice a little. When I came home I bought myself an iPhone 3G and loved it. I have owned every iPhone ever since (except for the first 2 and the 3GS - The 3GS was announced like 2 weeks after I got mine...).

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.