Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Samsung Galaxy S III VS new iphone - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1737926-samsung-galaxy-iii-vs-new-iphone/

Author:   talaada101
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 6:40pm (PST)
Subject:   Samsung Galaxy S III VS new iphone
-------------------------------------------
If you would like to discuss the Samsung Galaxy S III as compared to either the current iPhone 4S or the new iPhone, this is the thread for you.

In the past, these threads spiraled out of control. If you have no interest in this discussion, you can easily bypass it. If you are trolling for either side of the aisle, then I'd ask that you do that elsewhere.

Intelligent discussion regarding the platforms and/or hardware is always welcome.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 8:46pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Samsung Galaxy S III VS new iphone
Objectively speaking:

The Samsung Galaxy SIII is far superior than the iPhone 4S in terms of hardware.

Objectively speaking (again):

We don't know if the SIII is superior than "the new iPhone" because the new iPhone doesn't exist and there aren't even speculations or rumors regarding its possible specs.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Jun 06, 12 at 5:13am (PST)
A5X that is slightly upgraded and 4" screens are certainly rumors regarding its specs...

I don't really know which one interests be more to be honest. The S3 seems nice, but a 4" iPhone would be awesome too as I think between 4" and 4.3" is perfect.

Author:   Sonia ferdous
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 2:23am (PST)
Actually it's a question about personal choices. But the fact is we shouldn't compare this to Apple's current model with this S III. We should compare it to a model that will probably be released in about 7 months. Which will be the new iPhone5.

Author:   Forhad
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 4:42am (PST)
Yes Sonia You are right. This is comparing to the iphone 4S which came out in 2011 and was really more of a version designed to keep them from falling behind the competition. The real phone to compare against will be the long awaited iphone 5.

Author:   Aura
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 2:23pm (PST)
Knowing next to nothing about the new Samsung Galaxy III, I can't really offer an objective opinion, having owned a Galaxy II however, I was impressed with the hardware and performance. One of the big things I prefer about the iPhone, is the general functionality. Without getting into customisation, the iPhone just has a more user friendly interface, which is great for people who don't have time for playing games, changing themes for aesthetic purposes, etc. Just my five cents.

Author:   Vindisaur
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 8:50pm (PST)
Samsung S III seems better than the iPhone, but I still prefer how Apple designed the iPhone as, I'm not used to the S III way, who knows about iPhone 5? Maybe it can be better. I've been suggested to get S III but I guess I'll still stick with the iPhone .

Author:   ryuxnina134
Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 5:09am (PST)
The Galaxy S III will indeed blow the 4S away, but that is talking merely about hardware. The iPhone 5 may still retain similar features with a minimal bump in specs, but we'll see if Apple breaks the current chain.

Now for actual usability, I would say that the 4S is still more user friendly than the Galaxy S III

Author:   Dragskin
Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 5:06am (PST)
i've tried using both, not mine though...

as for me... im totally amazed by Galaxy S III's graphics/resolution...
for iphone 4s.... well, there's a lot of interesting cases available for the phone...lol

Author:   ryuxnina134
Date:   Jul 15, 12 at 10:05am (PST)
quote Dragskin

for iphone 4s.... well, there's a lot of interesting cases available for the phone...lol
I know what you mean. sometimes I feel like the screen is on 3D when I am looking at it.

Date:   Jul 15, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
quote ryuxnina134
quote Dragskin

I know what you mean. sometimes I feel like the screen is on 3D when I am looking at it.
indeed! should have been called SHD... super high def...

Author:   akimmi
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 5:47am (PST)
well i used iphone 4g and i love it

Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 9:31am (PST)
im not saying that iPhone4 is nothing... it is cool... i mean, there's a lot of good apps available on itunes for iPhone4... im actually looking forward to iPhone5... i was just really amazed by the GS III's resolution...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.