Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: is that normal?battery - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1737724-that-normal-battery/

Author:   talaada101
Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 6:27pm (PST)
Subject:   is that normal?battery
-------------------------------------------
I was just wondering, how long should the iPhone 4's battery last? I can usually get through a day on mine, and I have done ALL of those battery saving tips, setting time zone, fetch email, half brightness, etc. is that normal?

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 10:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: is that normal?battery
Wait, what? You're getting your battery to last you an entire day, and you're questioning if it's normal? Hell yes! Consider yourself lucky - most people can't get through half a day without the need to charge. A day's worth of battery is good for any smartphone. I can typically get through an 8 hour shift at work, with heavy use, before needing to charge.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 11:45pm (PST)
8 hours with heavy use? You are very very very lucky Wilhelm Ryan. If I do heavy use it will last me 4 hours, if I'm lucky.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:11am (PST)
Well, what I consider heavy use. :3 I use Spotify for all but 3 hours of my shift, plus I check e-mail a lot, text, Facebook, Reddit, plus games I play regularly, like Tiny Tower. Battery is near dead by the time I get out of work, I usually charge it an hour or two before I leave just to be sure I have enough battery to get me home.

Author:   talaada101
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 6:32pm (PST)
quote Wilhelm Ryan
Well, what I consider heavy use. :3 I use Spotify for all but 3 hours of my shift, plus I check e-mail a lot, text, Facebook, Reddit, plus games I play regularly, like Tiny Tower. Battery is near dead by the time I get out of work, I usually charge it an hour or two before I leave just to be sure I have enough battery to get me home.
yeah,i think it's really heavy use,that means u staring at ur phone all the time?? u are so great,ur phone is too.lol

Author:   alice302
Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 3:17am (PST)
I do not have an iphone but my sister own one, she have to charged her iphone half an day and she always complaining about this. So, you are in a good situation.

Author:   Sonia ferdous
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 3:17am (PST)
It actually depends on your use and how you have configured your phone. As a few features may decrease your iPhone battery life. So turn off location services, wi-fi, bluetooth, other notifications and see if it will increase the battery life.

Author:   techTHM
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 7:07am (PST)
quote Sonia ferdous
It actually depends on your use and how you have configured your phone. As a few features may decrease your iPhone battery life. So turn off location services, wi-fi, bluetooth, other notifications and see if it will increase the battery life.
I agree with you.Especially with Wi-fi On , battery lasts fewer. You also use a lot of battery when you are checking your e-mails from your phone. One Good tip that you can do to waste fewer energy of you battery is to turn auto-lock On.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 10:41am (PST)
There are a few things that significantly increase battery life for me, which are;

Author:   Forhad
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 11:15am (PST)
My iPhone 4 loses charge 1% every 7-8 minutes, even when locked/asleep.

Author:   janis1987
Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 8:10pm (PST)
Wow, that's quite nice of your iPhone battery, mine only can last half day! That's why I bought an iPhone external power station, this one really helps me to extend iPhone battery. its battery capacity is 1800mah, just double iPhone battery, therefore I don't need to take the iPhone charge everyday.

Author:   ryuxnina134
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 6:15am (PST)
It's kind of sad that we now have to carry clunky powerbanks just to last the day on these devices

Author:   Dragskin
Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 9:49am (PST)
cant afford to buy powerbanks.. im using my laptop to charge my phone or any usb gadgets while on the road... lol true story

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.