Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Memorial Day Sale! - Dead Space, GTA 3, NBA Jam, Madden 12, and more! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1736298-memorial-day-sale-dead-space-gta-3-nba-jam-madden-12-more/

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   May 26, 12 at 9:48am (PST)
Subject:   Memorial Day Sale! - Dead Space, GTA 3, NBA Jam, Madden 12, and more!
-------------------------------------------
I figured this was worth a post. I had about $3 credit last night after I spent a $15 iTunes gift card. So, I went looking on the app store for what to get, and noticed a bunch of EA games were marked down, originally $4.99-$6.99, to only $.99. EA is having a Memorial Day sale, and pretty much all their games are $.99.

I picked up Dead Space, which I'm enjoying a lot. Also picked up NBA Jam, which I'm enjoying a lot as well. Here's a list of EA Games (all of which are $.99 from now until Memorial Day):

1. The Game of Life
2. Monopoly
3. Tetris
4. NBA Jam
5. Tiger Woods PGA Tour
6. CLUE
7. Need For Speed: Undercover
8. High Caliber Hunting
9. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
10. Madden NFL 12
11. Burnout: CRASH!
12. Shift 2: Unleashed
13. Yahtzee Adventures
14. SPY Mouse
15. Ultimate Mortal Kombat
16. NCAA Football 12
17. The Simpsons Arcade
18. Boggle
19. Trivial Pursuit
20. Mirror's Edge
21. Spore Origins
22. Deadspace
23. Surviving High School
24. SimCity Deluxe
25. Fight Night Champions
26. MMA by EA Sports
27. Skate It by EA Sports
28. SUDOKU
29. Command & Conquer
30. Anytime Pool
31. Reckless Racing
32. Trenches II
33. Bop It!
34. Dragon's Lair
35. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
36. Connect 4
37. Spore Creatures
38. Zombies & Me
39. Littlest Pet Shop
40. Snood
41. Fly With Me
42. Jewel Quest: Mysteries
43. Wolfenstein RPG
44. LITE-BRITE
45. Mystery Mania
46. Lemonade Tycoon
47. Flight Control Rocket
48. Liquia Pop
49. R-TYPE
50. Max and the Magic Marker

Also, Rockstar has these games on sale from now until Memorial Day (both $.99):
1. GTA 3
2. GTA: Chinatown Wars

----

That's all I've noticed for now. Nothing by other big-name companies (Capcom, Atari, Sega, Activision, Ubisoft, etc.) but I'll keep looking to see what else is on sale and worthwhile. :3

Author:   Nagare
Date:   May 27, 12 at 9:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Memorial Day Sale! - Dead Space, GTA 3, NBA Jam, Madden 12, and more!
Also of relevance is the "Because We May" sale which is what led to a number of discounted prices for hit games on iOS. Check out the Indie dev set prices here. I think its kinda neat and even picked up a few like Superbrothers and Edge.

Author:   Slacker
Date:   May 28, 12 at 5:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Memorial Day Sale! - Dead Space, GTA 3, NBA Jam, Madden 12, and more!
I picked up GTA 3 yesterday. Holy shit, it's awesome. Still getting used to the touchscreen controls though, which are a little weird.

Date:   May 29, 12 at 3:54am (PST)
quote Slacker
I picked up GTA 3 yesterday. Holy shit, it's awesome. Still getting used to the touchscreen controls though, which are a little weird.
Yeah, it's pretty amazing that they were able to port over the first really big GTA game to a phone, and make it just as good (okay, not quite but close) as the PS2 version. I don't know if I'll ever get used to on-screen controls; I seriously never thought driving in GTA could get any harder. I don't think I'll ever get used to on-screen controls, the screen is already so small, and my fingers are big.

Author:   Slacker
Date:   May 29, 12 at 10:52am (PST)
It's easier on the iPad, but it does take some getting used to for sure. The shooting for me is much harder than the driving. Been failing a lot of missions because of it. I hope it's something that you get used to. I'm cool with steep learning curves if you can get it eventually, but if it's just plain broken that sucks.

Date:   May 29, 12 at 10:06pm (PST)
Yeah, I'd imagine it would be easier on an iPad. Everything is easier on an iPad, lol. And yes, I've been facing the same problem, on-screen controls is something I've never been to keen on, and this proves it, I can only hope the controls become easier and more natural with time. I keep hearing amazing things about games like N.O.V.A. and whatnot, but the controls make me hesitant on a $7 iOS game I'll never play.

Also, I did find this... an external gaming control (and navigation pad) for iPhone.

Looks cool, but not a huge compatibility list. It does have some big-name game support though like Pac Man, Temple Run, and Pix'n Love Rush. And most emulators support it (jailbroken only of course). If more games supported it, I'd definitely look into getting it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.