Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Is it worth it? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1722221-worth/

Author:   luanluker
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
Subject:   Is it worth it?
-------------------------------------------
I don't have enough money to get an ipod touch 32 GB, so I'm going to get a 8 gb one. The question is, is it even worth it?

Author:   tommex
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 3:41pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Is it worth it?
Not unless you like being really restricted in what you can have on it. Save up man, the bigger iPods are pretty sweet, what with all that wiggle room.

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 5:12pm (PST)
I concur with tommex here. With non-upgradable memory, you really have to be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot later on.

I'd save up and get the 32GB — you never know when you might need it. Plus 8GB really isn't that much when you consider that you can only use 6.5-7GB (I think) of it.

Author:   Rondo
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 6:40pm (PST)
I got an 8g iPod just recently and I'm already feeling the pressure of the low memory. I only have 16 songs and 7 applications on it and it's already at 5g. Of course it did start at 6g. If you have the money to invest in a 32g, it would be worth it. But if you're not the type that would carry a lot of songs, videos, games, apps on it then you would really be wasting the extra space.

As for is it worth it to get an iTouch, I think it is. I've never had one or any decent smartphones, so I'm really satisfied with this.

Author:   louisa9
Date:   Mar 20, 12 at 12:51am (PST)
I think it depends on how much GB do you need.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Mar 20, 12 at 5:16am (PST)
16GB is proving to be enough for me. I put some music on there, and save the rest for apps and whatnot. I switch the music a lot, and for what I don't have on there, I rely on Pandora/last.fm/Spotify.

But yeah, don't waste money on 8GB. I bought an 8GB iPod Touch a few years ago, and hated myself for it later, barely enough memory.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Mar 20, 12 at 3:59pm (PST)
I have a 64GB iPod Touch and I'm begging they make a 128 GB one soon...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.