Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The New iPad - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1720188-new-ipad/2.htm

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 1:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The New iPad
-------------------------------------------
I'm always for buying the latest iteration unless you get a substantial deal on the previous version (search Craigslist and ebay). The latest one, while not that substantial to me, Kaiba, or a number of other people, is still a nice enough upgrade and gives you the benefit of being the latest and greatest. All the games should still run perfectly fine on the 2 though and in my opinion, it isn't pixely at all.

Author:   ogeee
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 6:33pm (PST)
A few days ago, my colleagues bought a ipad 3 , I feel actually that no much difference between ipad 3 and ipad 2 !

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 3:29am (PST)
quote Kaiba
quote Kafani
Your iPad 2 is not perfect.
Yes it is. You've said nothing to convince me otherwise.

The upgrades are not significant in the slightest.

You want to tell me that a new camera makes my iPad 2 imperfect? Hardly. I did not get the iPad 2 to take pictures. Do you think I walk around with my big *bleep*ing iPad 2 taking pictures of things? HELL NO. Being able to take pictures with it is nice, but in no way is it the reason I have it. How good or bad the camera is does not affect the perfection that is my iPad 2. If I want to take pictures with a better camera, I'll use my iPhone 4s.

You want to tell me about the retina display of the iPad 3, and how that somehow makes the iPad 2 obsolete? Excuse me while I laugh my *bleep*ing ass off. Once again, this is not why I have an iPad. There are 3 HD TVs in my house. If I'm worried about looking at something that looks "really good", I'll go watch one of those. Perhaps pop in a Blu-Ray to get the full effect. Watch some HD channels, maybe. Not to mention the fact that I notice little to no difference between a retina screen and a non-retina screen. Any video I happen to watch on my iPad 2 looks amazing already. The perfection of my iPad 2 has once again not been affected by the poorly upgraded iPad 3.

Twice as powerful? Well, I notice no problems in the power of my iPad 2. It performs exactly as I expect it to, and I have no complaints as of yet. Once again, the perfection makes it through unscathed.

See, I'm not one of those pathetic iSheep, who have to get the latest iProduct no matter what. The iPad 3 does not have one single thing that has me wanting to run out and get it even a little bit.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend. I think my iPad 2 is perfect. I just pity you that in your eyes you now have an obsolete device. Something that you are unable to enjoy due to the fact that a supposedly better one exists.

So who is more jaded here? Me, who feels no desire to upgrade and is very happy with what he has, or you, who has such a view of technology that makes him disappointed with what he has. That makes him of the opinion that he needs this new device to be happy with his iPad? I don't know about you, but I would prefer to be on my side of things.
I think you're getting a little too excited. People always get defensive when they no longer have the latest technology, shit, were you not an "iSheep" when you first got your iPad 2? You can cut your high horse act, saying the upgrades are not significant just makes you a fool. Just because you don't use the camera doesn't mean millions of other users don't either. It's there for a reason, I for one use my iPad for multiple reasons, including face timing and making amateur movies, both which require the use of a camera...

Also, you say you have HDTVs at home, so therefore you don't need retina display? What kinda argument is that? Can you carry your LCD tvs with you to school or on public transportation? You sound like a whiny bitch whose in denial, get over yourself and look at the facts.

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 9:14am (PST)
quote Kafani
were you not an "iSheep" when you first got your iPad 2?
I was not. I got my iPad 2 from my parents for Christmas. It was not on my list, nor did I ever hint at wanting one. In fact, before I took it out of the packaging, they told me that if I didn't want it, I should keep it in the packaging so I could return it. They had no clue whether I would actually want it or not.

quote Kafani
saying the upgrades are not significant just makes you a fool.
It makes me right.

quote Kafani
I for one use my iPad for multiple reasons, including face timing and making amateur movies
I don't use it for either of these things.

quote Kafani
Can you carry your LCD tvs with you to school or on public transportation?
You apparently missed the part where I said I have an iPhone 4s. That's what I carry around with me. My iPhone 4s, by the way, is another thing I did not expect to get or express a desire to have. My mother took myself and my sisters out on some "mystery outing" that turned out to be us upgrading our phones. When she said that getting an iPhone was an option, of course we all jumped at it (none of us had any kind of smart phone before). The only iDevice I got of my own decision was an iPod. First an iPod Nano (back when they were thin and did not have touch screens and before the smaller square version) then an iPod Touch 2nd Gen to replace the Nano I lost (over a year prior - I contented myself with my PSP for music for a good while), then an iPod Touch 4th Gen, to replace the 2nd Gen whose backlight stopped working.

As you can see, I am not an iSheep in the slightest. I do have an appreciation for their products, and if I ever have the choice, I'll get one of those instead of a competitor's, but I could do just as well without. I went a whole 5 years of not having an iPhone (since they came out, of course), and it never bothered me.

You think I'm a whiny bitch in denial? You think I'm on a "high horse"? The truth is that I'm someone who does not require the latest and greatest to be happy, as well as someone who doesn't mind rubbing that fact in the face of someone like you.

Now, I know all this must be hard for someone like you to understand, so I'll give it a bit of time to sink in.

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Mar 31, 12 at 12:53am (PST)
Keep riding that high horse. You throw in all these passive aggressive jabs at my intelligence because I disagree with you on one topic, that's the definition of a self righteous prick. There's a reason why tablets exist alongside smart phones, that's why your argument "I have an iPhone so I don't need an iPad" still doesn't hold any ground, they are two different devices with two different consumer markets.

And yes, denying that the upgrades arent significant does make you an idiot. They might not be significant to you because from the way you describe yourself, you don't know jack shit about how to effectly use an iPad, but for the majority of iPad consumers, those increases in resolution, camera clarity, and graphics power, it goes a long way. Go look at the sales of the new iPad if you need more proof.

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Mar 31, 12 at 1:51am (PST)
quote Kafani
You throw in all these passive aggressive jabs at my intelligence
I have done no such thing.

Any statement along the lines of "I know all this must be hard for someone like you to understand" is actually a reference at the fact that you can't seem to live without the latest and greatest version of every electronic you own. What's more, you can't seem to handle the fact that I'm not like that. You try to chalk it all up to me being on a "high horse" or having the classic defensive response of someone with "obsolete technology" and are unable to realize or unable to admit the truth.

You seem to be under the impression that just by saying I'm stupid or saying I actually do want the latest and greatest thing, that it will somehow be true. Sorry bud, it doesn't work that way.

I find my iPad 2 to be perfection. It fits my needs exactly as I require it to.

And let me also point out that I never said I don't need an iPad due to my having an iPod 4s. I said that I don't need a second, ridiculously large device, with a good camera. With a retina display (aka the iPad 3). The fact that you think it's necessary to upgrade every time a new device comes out baffles me. Does it similarly baffle you that I haven't the slightest desire to get the iPad 3? Do you feel like you are the only sane person in the asylum? You see the truth that I tragically cannot? The truth that life is nothing without the *bleep*ing iPad 3?

This isn't me on a high horse. It's me speaking the truth, and you being unable to accept it. If I wanted the iPad 3, I would get one. It's as simple as that. I don't want the iPad 3, so I'm not getting one. Again, simple.

Of course, I don't expect you to actually give in and admit defeat here. Similar to being unable to understand that some people don't have as big a technological erection as you do, I think you won't be able to be a man and say that you recognize that I'm telling the truth - that I don't want the new iPad. You feel you're at a point of no return. You've made some crazy-ass assumptions about me, and to admit that they were wrong would be far too embarrassing for you. It's much easier to argue me into oblivion. To just keep going at me with your claims of my still being on a "high horse" and of my being in some sort of "obsolete iPad denial". You think that if you can just keep at it long enough, I'll eventually stop responding, and there will then be some illusion that you've "won". That you've proven yourself right. Excuse me while I LMFAO.

Why don't you go ahead and make another ridiculous assumption about me? Like your assumption that I was making jibes at your intelligence. I wasn't. In fact, I'm quite sure you know your shit when it comes to the iPad. I'm positive that you know more than me about it.

But what you aren't understanding is that none of that matters to me. The point of this argument is not for you to prove that the iPad 3 is an improvement from the iPad 2 (significant or otherwise) or for me to prove that it isn't. I recognize that improvements were made that are very desirable to some. Do you think I'm not aware of the long lines that stretch out where people want to get the new iDevice as soon as possible? Of course I am. I know that I could walk up to anyone in that line and they'd be just as determined as you to explain to me why the iPad 3 is such a necessity. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find you in that line. You're riding the metaphorical Apple penis so hard that I almost expect you to have saddle sores.

You need to understand that I am nothing like you. None of these so-called "amazing upgrades" hold any appeal to me. Retina display? I'll admit, it's nice, but as long as my display isn't composed of a total of 10 pixels, I'm happy. I rarely even notice the difference between a retina screen and a non-retina screen. A better camera? I can actually appreciate this quite a bit, but the fact of the matter is, I don't have an iPad for the camera. I don't make amateur movies with it. I don't even take it out of my house unless I'm buried in some good book on my Kindle App. I do always have my iPhone 4s with me though, and when I feel the need to take a picture (which is rarely, actually) I use that. It's a lot easier to hold, transport...it's just all around better. See, the thing is, I have a laptop. I'm typing on it right now. It takes care of quite a few things for me that the iPad does. I've stated before that the main reason I decided to keep my iPad 2 is for e-books. And e-books don't require a retina display (despite what the commercials might try to tell us XD). E-books don't require a magnificent camera. They don't require double the power or whatever it is that has increased on the iPad 3.

You need to consider what I use my iPad for. You might have a point if it was for the camera, or the quality of the display, or any of those things that are "so much better" on the new iPad. But I do not have it for those reasons. For my purposes, the iPad 2 is perfect. For my purposes, the iPad 3 has no significant changes. What's significant for you is not necessarily significant for me.

Perhaps maybe you'll be willing to end your pathetic battle for whatever the hell it is you're after if I tell you all this. If I stress to you that I haven't been trying to insult your intelligence. Even after you for some reason found the need to call me an idiot. You'll notice that I haven't resorted to name-calling, which I'm perfectly capable of. I've got a few choice names for you on the tip of my tongue, but I'm not typing them here. See, while I do believe that you know your stuff when it comes to the iPad, I think in other areas, you are very ignorant. I won't go into detail on that though, as I'm not trying to provoke you here. I'm trying to get you to give up on your misguided quest to get me to admit that I want the iPad 3, or whatever you're doing, because I honestly don't know your ultimate goal anymore. If you want me to admit that I think the upgrades are significant or that I want the iPad 3, or that you're right in all this, then I'm sorry. You'd be asking me to lie. I don't think the upgrades are significant. This is called an opinion. An opinion can't be wrong, nor can it be right. It can, however, be the truth. I don't want the iPad 3. It holds no draw for me. You're not right in all this, for all the reasons I keep pointing out to you.

Now do us all a favor and don't carry on this argument. Even if you still think I'm lying. Even if you still want to claim that I'm on a "high horse" as some lame attempt to provoke me - as some lame attempt to try and make it look as though it's true simply because you say it is (lol, as if). Even if your Apple fanboyism is so strong that you won't stand an even slightly negative opinion about one of their devices...at the very least you could agree to disagree. You can realize that I'm not going to change my mind about the iPad 3. Just agree to disagree, and move on. Go target someone else with your tirades. But do me a favor and do it somewhere that isn't here. Somewhere that isn't Neoseeker.

Author:   Killuminati
Date:   Mar 31, 12 at 9:33pm (PST)
Irony = Kaiba's 30+ lines of text accusing Kafani's 3 lines of text of making assumptions.

Kaiba also receives an A+ for exaggeration, full marks for trying too hard to win an argument. Its a forum discussion about a flippin iPad, fellas, not a college thesis. Stop stroking your own egos by finding creative ways to insult each other and go outside or something.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.