Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Another iPod help thread. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1719934-another-ipod-help-thread/

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Another iPod help thread.
-------------------------------------------
Hey guys. So I was out of town for a couple of months and my iPod Touch 4G was left at home. I come back eager to charge it so I can listen to it, only to find out the damn thing won't turn on! It's completely unresponsive. It won't charge whatsoever, and my computer doesn't even pick up that something is plugged into the USB port. I tried holding both the home and lock buttons on the iPod for minutes on, but nothing happens. Left it hooked up to my PC for hours and it would not turn on. Is it completely dead?

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 3:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Another iPod help thread.
That's definitely strange. You've tried all the suggestions that I would've made so the only thing that I can recommend is for you to get a new one via warranty(not sure if you still are covered under the 1yr warranty). As for a diagnosis, my first guess would be that the battery quit.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 5:16pm (PST)
Yeah I guess I'm just gonna have to go ahead and buy a new one. The warranty ended a while ago so that's a no-go. -.-

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 7:14pm (PST)
If you're brave enough to open up your iPod and replace the battery on your own then I would definitely suggest trying that before purchasing a new one. You can get a battery on eBay for alot cheaper than you can get a new iPod. However if you're set on getting a new device, I suggest waiting till September, since that's usually when the iPod event is.

All in all though, congratulations, you're now the happy owner of an iBrick!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.