Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Announcements, Requests, Feedback & Suggestions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1712347-announcements-requests-feedback-suggestions/

Author:   Aura
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 11:05am (PST)
Subject:   Announcements, Requests, Feedback & Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
As suggested by the title, the purpose of this thread is for the following:

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 9:05pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Announcements, Requests, Feedback & Suggestions
There seems to be a tad spike in activity with members who could potentially serve as a close-knit group. How does a GD sound to you guys?

From personal experience, GD's work best in environments like this one.

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 10:35pm (PST)
I was just about to see about an RFS thread!

At any rate, I do think a GD might be a good idea.

Author:   Enhance
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 11:29pm (PST)
GD should be up very shortly.

What do you guys think of the new header? Yay, nay, comments, concerns?

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 11:34pm (PST)
Yay! Some of the white text in the image is a bit hard to read, though. Perhaps a thicker shadow would help?

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 11:52pm (PST)
I don't think you need to keep track of the GD number in the header. Just "GD" should do fine.

Also, I miss the old header. Could you maybe put it as the footer?

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 1:27am (PST)
I never paid attention to the former header, but I like this one. I think it's cool. :>

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 2:18am (PST)
quote Enhance
What do you guys think of the new header? Yay, nay, comments, concerns?
Yayish! Black text or a better shadow (as Aurora said) would be easier on the eyes. Also, changing "Words" to "w/Friends" would be more fitting now, but maybe harder to fit.

Author:   Enhance
Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 4:59am (PST)
Yeah, I'm still working on the text. Didn't have Photoshop on the computer I did that on and couldn't quite figure out the dropshadow on the program I was using. Once I get back on my desktop and can use Photoshop I'll fix the text.

Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 2:20pm (PST)
quote Kaiba
Also, I miss the old header. Could you maybe put it as the footer?

Well it would need to be sized down slightly, because it is rather large for a footer. And if Enhance is for using it as a footer, then I'd be all for keeping it as a footer too.

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 4:16pm (PST)
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask you all something in regards to the forum; it seems lately that activity has been a bit shaky, so does anyone have any ideas on things they'd like to see happen within the forum, or perhaps even changes that could be made?

I think that spending so much time inside the box (so to speak), has made it so there are certain things I just don't notice, or even miss. Working full time, while studying part time, trying to fit in gaming time, maintaining my YouTube channel (which I've had to neglect lately), keeping some small measure of a social life, and working on writing a novel has all but depleted me of any creative spark. With that said, this is your forum after all, and I think it is only fitting that it should be shaped by everyone involved.

Any idea you share, no matter how big or small, would be hugely appreciated. Looking forward to seeing those ideas.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 4:15am (PST)
Aura

How about a games tournament? The Words With Friends tournament kind of died out; it started off pretty well, but eventually died. Maybe stay away from multiplayer-based games that have members playing against members (timezone differences could make for rather long and tedious games).

But instead, stick to single players games that are free, or at least cheap that everyone has. For example, one week you could see who can get the highest score in Temple Run. Give points to each person at the end of the week (1st place = 10 pts, 2nd place = 5 pts, 3rd place = 2 pts, 4th place and later = 1 pt), and whoever has the most points after a certain amount of weeks wins?

Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 4:41am (PST)
Wilhelm Ryan, that doesn't sound too bad, and even though there's no witness for point tallying, it isn't as though we can't screenshot our scores.

I've never played Temple Run before, but a collection of free or cheap games within a contest would be a good reason to test them out. I might splash out a little and put some funds into my iTunes account to try some of the suggested games.

As an incentive for taking part? I'm fairly open to suggestions, I suppose letting the winner choose a caption that will appear in the header for a fixed amount of time is always an option - within reason of course (no vulgar language and the like).

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 7:55am (PST)
True. The only downside would be that anyone could take a screen shot from online, and claim it as theirs. I don't know about you, but I've had a shit ton of people over the past few months uploading pictures of their high scores in Temple Run to Facebook, haha.

Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 2:53pm (PST)
That might be why I've never seen Temple Run before, I only ever use Facebook to keep in touch with relatives overseas and those living in Australia (most of the time I just ring anyway...) - guess they haven't heard about or played Temple Run.

Shame about the uploaded screenshot images available to use... I wonder if there's another alternative that might work better?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.