Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPhone 4s - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1687349-iphone-4s/

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Oct 04, 11 at 11:10pm (PST)
Subject:   iPhone 4s
-------------------------------------------
I'm surprised nobody has posted about it yet.

Apple Website - iPhone 4s

I really consider this an upgrade from the iPhone 4, unlike the 3Gs they did alot to the phone instead of simple tweaks. I want to get my hand on the camera to see the difference and see how Siri ends up being.

Author:   Vegeto
Date:   Oct 04, 11 at 11:41pm (PST)
Subject:   re: iPhone 4s
I'm Totally Getting The iPhone 4s For My Birthday Cause I Never Got A i-Device And Because Of The Camera And Because Of Siri:|

Author:   Bri
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 12:43am (PST)
In addition, the big news is that Sprint will also be offering the iPhone 4S in the US...which makes me unhappy. It's going to massacre their 3G network. I'm at my boiling point with Sprint, so I'm...sprinting. Pun fully intended.

For Apple and those who can afford it, it's a bonanza and an amazing phone, but I feel as if not announcing an iPhone 5 will hurt Apple in the long run. It seems that this is just a souped-up rehash of the iPhone 4.

I also heard a lot of unhappy customers - like me - who are leaving their carriers. I'm not going to roll over my coverage just so some rich kid can go gaga over Facetime and leave me with no signal at work or something. Not kosher.

Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 2:12am (PST)
This is true; I only want to play with one of the new phones. Not getting it. I will patiently wait for the new major redesign of the iPhone. Hopefully one that can be part of the LTE network.

Sprint thing is only going to hurt their network; then again it might reduce stress within the other two networks. You never know.

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 4:49am (PST)
I'm pretty sure this is just gonna help iPhone 4 sales even further.
There seems to be ALOT of people(me included) that are dissapointed in the lack of a iPhone 5/redesigned iPhone. I just can't justify spending $100 more for 3mp more, A5, 1gb of ram and Siri, especially when I have a gut feeling that Apple is going to announce the redesigned iPhone right after the new year.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 9:03pm (PST)
I know a lot of people who've had a 3GS for two years now, myself included. I think the 4S is basically what you want right now if you're on a 3GS;
It's like the 3 vs. 3GS, just plain better overall.
3GS vs. 4S is 3GS with a better display, camera, speed, overall performance... I like it

I can understand the disappointment of not getting an iPhone5 introduction. With phones like the Samsung Galaxy SII I think Apple badly needs to step up without Jobs to stay on top.

Author:   windowlicker
Date:   Oct 06, 11 at 9:17pm (PST)
I'll be doing what Freeze is doing. Had my 3GS for nearly two years now, my contract runs out in December so I'll be looking to replace it with the 4S. Perfect timing really.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Oct 09, 11 at 9:25pm (PST)
I've been waiting for the iPhone 5, but this is what comes out... Too bad I have to wait another 2 years now. But hopefully by then Apple will have the iPhone 5 made and ready if it does come out.

Author:   Destroyer
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 3:35pm (PST)
I think if you already have an iPhone 4 then its not worth upgrading to the 4s.

But if you're somebody like me who doesn't own an iPhone whatsoever, then the 4s is a good purchase I feel. And I shall be getting my hands on one when it comes out.

Author:   Wo Daddy Wo
Date:   Oct 15, 11 at 1:25am (PST)
Who can help!!!

Had iPhone 3GS and just got 4S

I completed all the online and iTunes crap. Replied to email and activated account but phone still says NO SERVICE

Anybody???

Date:   Oct 15, 11 at 1:48am (PST)
Reset network settings? call your provider?

Author:   Wo Daddy Wo
Date:   Oct 15, 11 at 10:54pm (PST)
Had to go to AT&T store where they told me I had a bad SIM card. Replaced it and all was good!

Author:   Deathman48
Date:   Oct 20, 11 at 7:33pm (PST)
quote Wo Daddy Wo
Who can help!!!
Surely a question needs a question mark after it?

As Destroyer said, I think if you're on an iPhone4 already it doesn't seem to be an enormous enough an upgrade to make it worth going for it unless you're at the end of a contract or have an upgrade available. Anyone who wants to stay with Apple and is partway through a contract is probably better off just missing this one out and waiting for the inevitable iPhone5 and getting that.

Other phones with similar/better specs at the moment already exist, and phones like the S2 are good competition. Rather than going "they make the iPhone look shit" people should appreciate that competition is better for everyone; it forces the "leading" company to rethink their ideas on either design or cost, or be faced with the reality of being left behind. Competition is a plus for everyone.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.