Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Transferring apps to a new computer? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1639684-transferring-apps-to-new-computer/

Author:   Beta
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 9:12am (PST)
Subject:   Transferring apps to a new computer?
-------------------------------------------
How can I transfer my apps from an old computer to a new computer, then sync with the new computer? I know you can use a flash drive and copy all your old music but I don't think that'll work for apps. Any help?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 6:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Transferring apps to a new computer?
You can do it with apps too. Just go to the Apps section in iTunes, right-click an app and select "Show in Windows explorer" (Or show in Finder if you are in a Mac). That will take you to the app and you can copy and paste it from there. Or do anything with it.

Alternatively, you can just connect your iDevice with all your apps to the new computer, right-click it on iTunes, and select "Transfer Purchases".

Author:   Beta
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 6:41pm (PST)
Thanks Vermillion, that helped a lot

Author:   Game Master 009
Date:   Apr 22, 11 at 8:33pm (PST)
Hey, I've tried this before. All you need to do is go on your new computer, Itunes>Store>Authorize this computer. I did it on amac dont know on windows. Then bring all your content over. Without authorizing your computer you wouldn't be able to sync the apps.

Hope it helps!

Author:   newopend
Date:   Jul 19, 13 at 2:23am (PST)
As a matter of fact, iTunes won't let you transfer and restore Photos from iPad to computer, a iPad Photo to Computer Transfer tool is necessary.
iPad/iPhone to Computer Transfer is created to transfer Photo files from iPad to computer for backup. It can transfer various files, including videos, movies, music, playlist, and podcasts and so on. And it support all types of iPad, iPod and iPhone.

iPad/iPhone to Computer Transfer is designed for you to backup all files on your iPad to Computer, so that you can enjoy iPad photo contents on another computer freely. Expect for supporting to transfer photos from iPad to computer, this program also supports to transfer photos from iPad to iTunes for enjoying.

Read more:
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
How to backup iPhone SMS messages to Computer
Easily way to backup music from iPhone to computer/iTunes

Author:   suesoner
Date:   Jul 19, 13 at 2:40am (PST)
I want to transfer contacts from my iPhone 5 to computer.

Author:   Donnalewis
Date:   Sep 09, 13 at 7:55pm (PST)
I would use something like iPhone data recovery, a free beta third-party program:

1. Run the program and connect the iphone to your computer
Your iphone contacts will appear in the program window.

2. Then either click on the recoverbutton and navigate to the location on your PC where you wish the contacts exported or drag and drop a selection of your iphone contacts to say, your desktop

Your iphone contacts will be transferred as individual vCard files to the location specified on your computer

I agree that backing-up with iTunes would be the most direct way there exists to transfer contacts from iPhone to your computer if iTunes. The downturn is that iTunes is restless in its aim to consistently try and wipe clean any iDevice it doesn't like.

Author:   JaimeSPalmer
Date:   Sep 11, 13 at 4:06am (PST)
Few simple steps

1) Open the location of the apps.
2) copy them to a flash drive
3) Put the flash drive on the computer
4) Drag all the files on to the apps window in iTunes.

Author:   tohapply
Date:   Sep 12, 13 at 3:24am (PST)
Backup your apps on Free Mobile Helper on the new computer! You can also keep the app data!

Author:   chandler25
Date:   Oct 14, 13 at 3:34am (PST)
transfer photos, videos, music, books, etc. between iPad, iTunes and computer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ALYybIAL3k

Author:   davistoney
Date:   Nov 07, 13 at 7:58pm (PST)
You can sync contacts,apps, calendars, bookmarks, and notes with other applications on your computer. This allows you to keep all your information in sync across multiple computers and iOS devices. The settings for these items are all in the Info tab for your iOS device in iTunes. With your iOS device connected to the computer, select your iOS device. Then click the Info tab.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.