Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How To Fix 1015 Errors: A Small Tutorial. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1617916-how-to-fix-1015-errors-small-tutorial/

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 4:33pm (PST)
Subject:   How To Fix 1015 Errors: A Small Tutorial.
-------------------------------------------
Hi guys.
So I wasn't careful enough when I attempted to restore my iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 and then Jailbreaking it with the iPad baseband. The Jailbreak didnt' go smooth, so I was stuck with an iPhone that could never be restored to any iOS: I have tried to restore to iOS 3.1.3 (in an attempt to downgrade), 4.0 (the one I had prior to ruining everything), and 4.2.1. I tried to do it both and still nothing would happen. The unknown error 1015 was following me. And 1600 errors were appearing every now and then.

So after two days of dedicating full days to fix my iPhone, I have found a fix:

Step 1: Step 2:

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. If you don't, update it.

Step 3:

Make sure your iPhone is in RECOVERY MODE, NOT DFU.

Step 4:

Open Recboot.

Step 5:

Once your iPhone is in recovery mode and connected to your computer: Step 6:

Wait for your iPhone to be restored to iOS 4.1. It may take a while and you will get the error 1015 at the end of the restore process. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, that's what Recboot is for. Once you see the Error 1015 in iTunes, your iPhone will go to recovery mode, this is where Recboot does it's magic: Press the "Exit Recovery" button in Recboot. Your iPhone will restart, you will see the Apple logo, and after a few minutes, your iPhone will boot normally! keep in mind it will be locked and unlocked, so if you need those services and you are not with AT&T, I recommend you to do the Jailbreaking process with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1.

To my knowledge, this should work with both iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users. If you find this works with any other iPhone, please let me know so I can update this post. Also, if you tried this and it didn't work for you, please let me know and I will do my best to help you.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 10:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: How To Fix 1015 Errors: A Small Tutorial.
Nice tutorial there Vermillion Thanks for sharing!
Reminds me every time that I need to look into jailbreaking my iPhone, but also reminds me of the risks... one error less to worry about now I guess.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 10:11pm (PST)
Are you with an official iPhone provider? That alone will save you from the whole, huge hassle.

If you need to unlock, then don't update your iPhone's baseband to use the iPad's baseband. That's what caused me hell in the last two days.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Feb 07, 11 at 4:58pm (PST)
I am. I can unlock free of charge these days, but I haven't really tried to do so... Still got a year of contract before I can upgrade again.

Author:   sannyfairy
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 4:24am (PST)
Resolve 1015 error with the help of iPhone File Transfer tool. This is great tool, you can easily transfer all iPhone files without any problem. Click on the below mentioned link, for more info:
http://www.slideshare.net/rohitk6159/iphone-file-transfer-transfer-all-iphone-files-easily

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.